Accessories for Litter Robot III
Litter Robot III Open Air is an automated litter box (see here) for your cats. It has a futuristic globe shape with an open-air feel to make it more comfortable for your cats to use.
The LR III needs only human assistance in disposing of the full waste drawer. It’s very convenient and reliable, especially for cat owners who are too tired to clean their cat’s litter when they arrive home from work.
The Litter Robot is already an incredible technology for taking care of your cat’s waste but you can still optimize its performance by expanding its features with accessories for a more worry-free waste cleanup just like its predecessor.
This is for cats who step out of the LR III by jumping out. The problem is not the height of the machine but the environment where your cats came from. Coming from a waste disposal machine, it’s possible to get some of their litter on their paws and spread it on the floor when they leap out of the LR III. Installing the LR III Open Air Ramp resolves this problem.
- It creates a platform that acts as initial line of defense before your cat gets to the floor
- Textured surface helps catch litter stuck on your cat’s paws
- Rubberized feet stabilizes the Ramp for your cats to confidently walk on it
- Makes it more accessible to small or old cats who can’t jump into the LR III Open Air by providing a stepladder. It also makes it easier for cats who have leg problems to climb up into the LR III
- It’s easy to install as it readily fits on top of the existing black mat. Just remove the black mat to reveal a recess where the Ramp can hook on to
- Easy to clean. You can just wipe the litter off it or use a vacuum cleaner
If you need to clean the waste drawer, just remove the ramp and get the waste drawer as usual. Place the Ramp back once done.
Backup Battery Kit
It adds 24-48 hours’ worth of extra power, depending on your cat’s usage of the LR III. It’s useful during power outages or when you need to go out of town for a day or two.
If you have two cats at home, the battery kit can provide an additional ten cleaning cycles per day.
The package contains a 12V DC adapter, a 1.3Ah battery, a battery bracket, and some screws.
The Fence encourages your cat to fully enter the LR III to avoid litter from falling out of it. There will be times when your cat will get into the Globe with its tail out. Their tail is prone to catching some litter while doing their thing which then may drop directly onto the floor.
Cats also have a habit of kicking off dirt onto their litter to cover it. They will still do this even if there’s no dirt around. The Fence acts as a barrier to catch waste that may get kicked off while doing this.
- Easy to install. You can simply fasten it at the bottom of the Globe without using any tools
- Easy to clean. You can wash it with mild detergent and water
The LR III Open Air comes with carbon filters attached on the waste drawer’s vents when you buy it. It’s a disposable part that absorbs the odor from your cat’s waste and prevents it from mixing with your indoor air.
- It’s easily replaceable
- Package comes with 3 carbon pads when you buy it
- Can last up to 5 months, depending on what your cats eat and their feeding habits. These factors affect the odor and frequency of their litter
According to the manufacturer, carbon filters should be replaced every 3 months. Using litter scents on your cats may force you to follow the manufacturer’s advice since the carbon pads will also absorb any scent coming from your cat’s waste.
Your LR III Open Air will still work even if it doesn’t have a carbon filter.
These are attached to the rim of the waste drawer’s mouth to further prevent unpleasant air from escaping the box. Avoid getting them wet since the adhesive on it will lose its sticking ability and start to peel. Use a lint remover or a vacuum cleaner to clean them.
Replace the strips when they’ve been flattened due to prolonged use or when they peel off the drawer. Clean off loose edges that might be left in the drawer before replacing them.
These are optional accessories and aren’t required to get your LR III Open Air to work properly.
Waste Drawer Liners
These liners are fully biodegradable and are the best alternative for nature-lovers who are looking for eco-friendly solutions. This solution reduces plastic waste. These strips are compatible with any model in the Litter Robot series.
It comes in 25, 50, and 100-piece packs when you find it in stores. Fifty liners can supply a year’s worth of replacement for owners who only have one cat.
You will be surprised when you read more about these here http://bestselfcleaninglitterbox.com/