“Jump in, live intentionally, relish life with your best friend”. Bergan brings this motto to life in their range of stylish yet functional pet products. The Bergan Petite Waterer is designed to quench the thirst of small pets, is one such product and is the subject of this review.
If convenience, style and simplicity is what you’re after then look no further. The clear tower holds 1.5 gallons of water and rests on a sturdy base. Bases are advertised as coming in a range of colors.
The transparent tank allows pet-owners to monitor waning water levels. It also allows you to see whether cleaning is needed should the water became murky.
The large detachable bowl accommodates both large and short-nosed pets therefore catering to several pets simultaneously.
The Bergan Elite holds 3 gallons of water and is better suited for larger pets, whereas the Bergan Petite holds 1.5 gallons of water making it suitable for both small and large pets.
Bergan Petite Water Features
- Transparent tank holds 1.5 gallons of water
- Wide opening for easy cleaning
- Detachable tower makes refilling easy
- Tank easily fits into a regular sink
- Large bowl accommodates large and short-nosed pets
- Removable lid prevents water spillage
- Product dimensions are approximately 13 x 11.5 x 10.75 inches
- Available in a variety of colors
How to fill the Bergan Petite Water
- Detach the tank from the bowl.
- Invert the tank.
- Remove the cap and fill with water.
- Screw the cap back on making sure it is correctly aligned and tightened.
- Overturn the tank and place it in the bowl.
- Open the tab in the lid to allow water to trickle out into the bowl.
Customer Tips and Tricks
- Open the tab in the lid AFTER the tank has been filled with water and inverted.
- Clean the tank often as it does not have a filter and gets dirty, particularly if you live in a warmer climate.
- Make sure that you’re happy with the placement of the bowl BEFORE securing the water-filled tank as it will be difficult to move afterwards.
- Nervous cats/dogs might be scared by the bubbling sound of the water dispensing and may be discouraged from drinking from the bowl.
- The tank is made of thin plastic and therefore needs to be handled with care.
Pros and Cons of the Bergan Petite Water Fountain
Some final Thoughts
One customer sums it up nicely: “You get what you pay for”. As such I would recommend the Bergan Petite Gourmet water dispenser as a cost-effective solution to keeping your pets’ thirst quenched. The Bergan Gourmet Petite Waterer is made from BPA-free plastic, which is a plus for the health-conscious pet owner.
Although it can be left for 2 to 3 days or longer I would recommend cleaning it regularly for safety’s sake and to ensure that fussy pets don’t get discouraged from drinking. The waterer can be left for as long as six days if used by one small pet only but this is not recommended. Dirt, dust and hair can build up in the water bowl so it is better not to leave it for too long before cleaning.
I recommend this unit for…
- for peace of mind that your pets are okay while you’re away;
- for its stylish design and simplicity;
- as a way of avoiding the need for different watering bowls and de-cluttering your home;
- for several pets instead of just one; and/or
- for the health-conscious pet owner as the plastic is BPA-free.
I don’t recommend this unit for…
- it is made from thin plastic and can be easily damaged;
- securing the cap can be tricky and lead to water leakage;
- it is not well-suited for one small pet only;
- there is no filter attached to the tank and therefore slime can build up and start to smell; and
- it is not suitable for frail or handicapped pet owners.