Cat Activity Strategy Game Tunnel Feeder Review
Domesticated cats are usually lazy in working for their food. They depend too much on their owners and when there’s food on the plate, they tend to eat fast too. The Tunnel Feeder gives you better control over your cat’s feeding habits while simultaneously helping them stretch their mental and physical abilities.
The Tunnel Feeder has a cone at the top where you put the dry cat food. The cone disperses the food onto 6 different tunnels thru a small adjustable outlet. Each tunnel is angled in different ways to make it more challenging for your pet to scoop the food out. The cone has a resealable lid to prevent your cats from prying it open and eating directly from the container.
This feeder may help in keeping your cats busy and entertained, saving them from boredom which may lead to unfavorable behavior. You can now leave your house for work without worrying about your pet starving or bored. Their attention to the Tunnel Feeder may keep them from destroying your curtains and scratching your couch.
It is easy to use and is highly recommended for owners who want to introduce puzzling food dispensers to their pet cat. The Tunnel Feeder package comes with a booklet containing tips and tricks to maximize the feeder’s potentials and keep your cats interested in it.
How It Works
Just pour the kibbles on the cone-shaped container and gravity will pull the treats down towards the tunnels. Cats need to put their paws in the tunnel to grab the treats out.
The Tunnel Feeder is meant to make the cats move and look around, like stalking for prey. They should move, look, and sniff into tunnels with food and work to get it out and into their mouths.
The number of kibbles trickling down into the tunnels can be controlled using the cone container. You can adjust the size of the food outlet by rotating it to let bigger food pass through. This makes the Tunnel Feeder suitable with most treat sizes.
To automatically disperse treats, you should properly set the food outlet to have an opening large enough to let treats pass through. It should not be too big for kibbles to overflow into the tunnels, but should also not be too tight that nothing can pass through it.
Stuck treats on the container may work in your favor if your cats can manage to claw the stuck food out. This teaches them a new skill and also eliminates the need to constantly check the feeder for clogged outlets.
- 6 different tunnels with varying angles to challenge your cat’s scooping skills
- Food holder has a resealable lid to prevent your cats from gnawing directly from the container
- Adjustable outlet to accommodate most sizes of dry feeds for your cat
- Keeps your cats healthy through a daily workout and mental challenge
- Appropriate for cats of age 3 months and up
- Made of durable plastic that’s dishwasher safe
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 11 x 11 x 5.5 in.
- Weighs approximately 1.2lbs
- Booklet contains tips and tricks to make the best out of the Tunnel Feeder
Pros and Cons of the Tunnel Feeder
- Try placing small balls in the tunnels to create obstacles and make it more challenging for your cats
- Some owners have tried using the Tunnel Feeder with an automatic treat dispenser. This is ideal if you need to be away for a few days.
- It’s advisable to place a mat underneath the Tunnel Feeder for a more stable and immovable base. You can also prevent feeds from scattering on the floor by having a designated area where your cats can eat their treats. This may be quite big for your room, but the Wetnox Bowl Mat is perfect to give your cat a place where they can eat comfortably.
- Owners who want to introduce their cats to puzzle-like food dispensers
- Sluggish cats you want to train to work hard for their food
- Owners who want to put their cats on a diet and control their eating habits
The Cat Activity Strategy Game Tunnel Feeder works best with cats who are yet to be introduced to food dispensing toys. It can be used as an alternative to your bland food bowl and make each meal time beneficial to you and your pets. The Tunnel Feeder will stimulate and enhance both the mental and physical aptitude of your cats.
Since it’s a gravity-based feeder, you can’t control the amount of food that’ll trickle down the tunnel. For best results, just put little amounts of kibbles on the food holder and do not fill them to the brim. This way, you’ll be able to control your cat’s eating pace.
The option to use it in tandem with an automatic dispensing machine is valuable for those who seldom visit their homes and are always out of town. This setup will let you rest assured that your pet cats are fed regularly but not in excess.