The Best Automatic Cat Feeder Dispenser Reviews for Wet and Dry Food
For cat owners who are constantly on the go, the cat food dispensers will make life easier. With a dependable automated solution working for you at your home, you can feed the cats at the right time and not worry in case you’ll be out for the night for the next few days.
These systems are readily available and can be ordered online, but making a choice can be frustrating. We have done all the hard work for you and I am here to help you decide and make an informed decision with the help of my reviews comparing all the best feeders on the market.
The Top 10 Automatic Feeders For Dry Food and Wet Food
5 Stars –
This automatic food dispenser is calibrated for a more efficient way of feeding the cats. The design includes a chute that can protect the food inside the dispenser. For durability, the product also comes with the improved Flex-Feeder auger handles which mean that this can accommodate cats in a variety of sizes and weights. The great thing about the Feedster is that this has improved features to ensure that cats can be accommodated and the food will not be stolen. We recommend the Pet Feedster for those:
- Cat owners who own cats that love food
- Enthusiasts who have cats who are too smart and love ways to find food
- With cats that need to reduce their weights
- Pet owners who need to feed their pets multiple times a day
- Pet owners who love to invest in cat products that can work when they are away or on travel
- Pet owners miss longer sleep
- Cat lovers that demand a product that can work using AC adapter and batteries.
5 Stars –For cat owners who are frequently away from their cats on business trips and holidays the Gempet PF-103 is the perfect automatic cat food dispenser. Powered with an efficient APP capable of running on all Android and iOS devices, you can schedule your cats feeding times over the internet/WIFI connection and the unit offers 2 way talk back capabilities so you can engage with your pet through your phone anywhere in the world.
The Gempet also offers a 1 Megapixel camera on the front face of the unit to monitor your cat 24/7 live through the app.
Over all the GemPet PF-103 cat food dispenser is one of the most affordable and offers many features to cat owners who are busy in their lives travelling for business and pleasure.
- Suitable for cats and dogs
- Customized food schedule times
- 1 Megapixal camera
- 2 way talk back capabilities
- Dry food dispenser
- iOS and Android capabilities
4 Stars –
When it comes to superb accuracy in cat feeding, the CSF-3 Super cat Feeder should be high on the list. This works for pet owners who pay attention to details, especially if there’s a need to use smaller-sized food pellets, roughly 1/4′ in diameter, but this dispenser can also work for larger-sized pellets. It includes a timer to ensure scheduled feeding times which is helpful for pet owners who will travel for the weekend. This should work for all types of cats, but will definitely benefit those:
- Large-sized cats who need to lose weight due to diabetes
- Who want to feed two pets at the same time
- Owners who have cats who are too creative in finding their food
- Cats with allergic reactions to plastic
- Pet owners who want to program the feeding time of their pets for the next few days. This can be programmed to work for the next few
- Days, or can be controlled using a web-based system.
4 Stars –
The PETLY pet food dispenser can be programmed to dispense food to a maximum of four times a day, on the specified food amount. The amount of food that can be dispensed can be programmed as well, from a 5g portion to 50g portions, allowing you to adjust the cat food portion by 5g. Once you have programmed the dispenser for a day, the same cycle will be repeated for the next day until this is changed. This dispenser comes with easy-to-use features including a dial that will be used to schedule the feeding time and a push button to change the food portions.
There’s a handle in place that makes handling more convenient. Also, the dispenser is made with durability in mind and can pass as a high-end home decor.
4.1 Stars –
This automatic cat feeder can be programmed for multiple feeding times, and each feeding time can come with a specific portion depending on the cat requirements. The feeding cycle can be programmed by the minute, thus empowering you to select the best time to feed the pets depending on their health requirements. This particular pet feeder can accommodate up to 1.54lbs, and process cat food that measure 2/5′ in diameter. The tray and hopper can be removed for a more efficient cleaning process. Simply push the ‘Feed’ button if you want to manually feed the cats. The PetWatch food dispenser is great for:
- Fust one cat that needs to control its food intake
- For pet owners who want to operate a dispenser using batteries
4 Stars –
This is another automatic feeder that lets the owners track and see their cats anytime using a smart phone. This should work for cat owners who dearly loves their cats, and who want to interact with their cats even if they are away from home. Since the Hoison is programmable, it means that cat owners can schedule the feeding time for the next few days, and track the actual feeding time using the Wechat App. You can also get a picture of your cat in action and share this through social media. This automatic food dispenser works for:
- Pet owners with smart phones
- Owners who want to track the activities of their cats even if they are away
- Owners who want to involve other people in tracking and taking care of their cats
- Cats who should lose weight
4.5 Stars –
Petsafe allows pet owners the ability to program and schedule the cat’s feeding requirements. This will allow you to change the food portions, say a large portion for breakfast and a small amount of cat food for dinner. The smallest portion that can be prepared is 1/8 cup, and the largest is 4 cups of cat food. Meals can be programmed up to 12 times a day, and intervals between eating time. This automatic food dispenser is great for:
- Cat owners who are looking for food dispensers that are highly programmable
- Small and medium-sized pets
- Pets who want to smell their food before eating
- Pet owners who want to schedule multiple eating times, in varying amounts
4 Stars –
The Lusmo cat feeder can be programmed to provide cat food up to 3 times a day, and each feeding time can feature a specific amount of cat food. The minimum serving is 1/6 cup, and a max food of 1 cup at a time. We recommend this automatic feeder for:
- Owners who like to schedule three feeding times a day
- Owners who plan to feed food pellets that measures 0.6′ in length
- Pet owners who want to keep the same feeding schedule for a week
- Cats who love to sneak and steal pellets from chute
4.2 Stars –
For smart-phone owners who love their cats, the PetNet will serve as an ideal pet dispenser. Just like the leading dispensers in the market, pet owners can assign varying portions that range from 0.5 ounce to 2 oz. The flexibility given by the dispenser will help owners customize the cats’ eating habits. Though the use of the application, feeding cycles can be arranged in advanced. This PetNet dispenser will definitely work for:
- Busy professionals who uses their smart phones to manage their busy lifestyles
- Owners with just one cat that needs to watch its food intake
- Professionals who have busy schedules who want to remotely monitor the activities of their cats
- Individuals who want to have a cat nutritionist working in the Apple apps
4.2 Stars –The BABADIO is another feeder system which has just entered the market and boasts its compatibility with serving wet and dry food for dogs and cats and comes with a monitor controller of it own (not using an Android/iOS app) and it a purely local based machine with out internet connectivity which offers a great price point.
- Serves wet and dry foods
- Battery powered
- Sleek design
- Voice message recording and calling system
- Great price for the features
4.2 Stars –
The Pet Station auto feeder is sleekly designed to fit any home decor, but this is not the only thing this feeder has to offer and is not just another high tech cat food dispenser that offers flexible meal scheduling along with a camera that can be access by Android and iOS devices.
Its called the new generation in cat food dispensing capabilities. This product is one of the newer models in the market that allows the pet owner to track the feeding time of the cats remotely through a built-in camera that can be used for Skype calls. Thanks to this camera, pet owners can take a snapshot of their cats while eating even of they are away. The Skype features of the unit can accommodate incoming and outgoing Skype calls making this dispenser as a great communication tool. The PetStation can be added into the mobile phone’s app library so you can automate the feeding cycles at any time even if you are miles away. It should be plugged into the AC/DC adapter for it to work.
- Stops cats who can steal food
- Run its own iOS and Android apps and connects online via skype
- 20 times a day feed scheduling
- Generous space for cat food to be supplied
4 Stars –
PetPal is another WIFI powered feeder that offers feeding flexibility for its users.
Not only is the design something to brag about and would just about fit any home decor but this unit is not just a pretty little piece of home tech.
This pet feeder is designed for cat owners who are busy and need to manage their cats meal time without having to be present in the same room at their furry friend.
Thanks to the PetPals features and underlying benefits, you can monitor/schedule and even see your cat through the camera monitor which can be accessed from anywhere in the world through any Apple iOS device and Android device with their assisting apps.
- Customizable meal time schedule
- WIFI connectivity through the PetPal iOS and Android Apps
- LED lights for the camera
- Trendy design
4 Stars –
With a sleek design and the features of an expensive cat food feeder for a very affordable price of $80, the Arf Pets automatic pet feeder has great value for money with simple functionality that gets the job done while looking after your pet’s diet with customizable scheduling and food portions.
The automatic cat food feeder is very suitable for small cats, but it doesn’t do very well with big dogs as the dry food dispenser can be easily knocked over but has an amazing magnet anti-steal system so cats cannot steam food.
- Customizable scheduling and food portions
- Works on batteries and power blog
3 Stars –
Aside from pellets and other cat food that it will dispense, this pet feeder also can supply water to the cats thanks to the water station that’s linked to the feeder. This should work for both cats and dogs, and can handle up to 4.4lbs of solid food thanks to the inclusion of a transparent container. There’s also a voice recording system that can play an audio recording to inform the pets that you are still around and you are monitoring them. This is easy to assemble, and can work even without the water station. This dispenser is best for:
- Cats who love to eat
- Cats who feed on rounded food pellets, roughly 1/4′ in diameter
- Pets who need to work out their diet and need to eat twice a day, or for cats who needs to feed every 6 hours
3 Stars –
The Cat Mate dry food dispenser can be programmed to feed the pets at any time even if you are not around. It can be calibrated to feed the cats thrice a day, with a minimum serving of 1/3 oz at a time. This food dispenser is powered by batteries. We recommend this dispenser for:
- Cats who feed on small-sized pellets, usually 1/2′ in diameter
- Pets who are comfortable with scheduled feeding time, twice a day
3 Stars –
If you maintain a number of cats in the household, then the Wireless Whiskers can solve the feeding problems. Consider this as an intelligent pet feeder that works with a wireless tag that is worn by the pet. It features a system that can measure and manage the required food by the cats on a regular basis, serving each cat individually, with their own unique portions. We recommend this intelligent pet feeder for:
- Owners who want to control the cat’s food intake, using the Portion Control Feature
- Owners who own many cats and want to ensure that each cat will only have to eat its own portion
- Pet lovers who want their cats to reduce the food intake
3 Stars –
This pet feeder is available in different sizes to meet the demands of cats and the need for different pellets. You can set the pet feeder to work up to 8 times a day, and each food portion can be managed as well. This should work for conscious pet owners who want to change the food requirements every day. It can work for:
- Owners who want to feed their pets up to 8 times daily, in varying portions
- Those who want to control the feeding cycle
- Households that own many cats
- Cats that need to lose weight
3 Stars –
This Mota food dispenser can be programmed to dispense cat food portions thrice a day, and each portion has a minimum of 1/4 cup. To ensure easy programming, the dispenser features an LCD panel where the owner can customize the portions and schedule the feeding times. The unit is also easy to use with just three components that are easy to assemble. This Mota dispenser is suggested for:
- Cats who don’t have weight issues
- Pets who are disciplined, and will not fight for food
- For cat owners who want to feed 2 cats at a time
3 Stars –
Aside from being an automatic and programmable pet feeder, the Toppets pet feeder can also be controlled and managed using an infrared remote control. The infrared remote control allows users to manage the dispenser even at a distance, roughly 32 to 39 feet on average.
There’s also a manual way of programming the feed dispenser using the same remote control. Use the remote control to schedule the next feeding cycles, which can range from one to 5 meals daily. Servings can also vary, from as little as 1/4 cup to 2 1/2 cups for large eaters. The dry food dispenser can also handle different sizes of kibbles, from 1/4 to 1/2′ in diameter. We think this pet feeder is best for:
- Multiple cat feeding
- Cat owners who want to use the dispenser every 8 or 10 hours
- Pet owners who doesn’t mind checking the hopper on a regular basis
3 Stars –
This automatic cat food feeder works for a large household with multiple pets since it can handle up to 10lbs of solid food. It can be programmed to feed the cats up to 4 times daily, with serving sizes that range from 1/4 cup to 5 cups.
Cleaning the feeder is easy and safe for dishwasher use. The bowl can be removed from the unit, and it offers a transparent hopper thus allowing you to see the level of food. It even allows you to play an audio recording that will engage the cats and tell them to eat. There’s also a Sleep Mode available if you want a constant feeding cycle even if you are asleep. It is powered by 4D batteries, and there’s an indicator to tell you about battery status.
- Suitable for dogs and cats
- Programmable 4 servings a day
- Supersized food container storage 10 lbs. (or 4.5kg) of food
3 Stars – PETMATE LE BISTRO PET AUTOMATIC FEEDER BLACK –
Feeding time can be programmed up to three times every day using this PetMate dry food dispenser, with portions that range from 1/4 cup to 3 cups of solid food. We suggest that you get the PetMate food dispenser if:
- You don’t maintain a specific schedule for feeding time
- Its okay for your pet to reach out for an extra bite
- You are not concerned with the weight of the cat
3 Stars –
This large-capacity feeder is not just automatic- it will also allow you to call up your cats to eat during the specified time thanks to an audio recording that can be played by the unit. The design also features a lid lock that will ensure that the food is protected, and cats cannot take more than what is assigned to them at a specified time. This automatic cat food feeder also features an LCD clock, microphone, speaker and an alarm to notify you that the feeding schedule has ended. This automatic feeder should be yours:
- If you want to program the automatic pet feeder after you have turned it off
- If you normally feed your cats with pellets with a diameter of 1/2′
3 Stars –
If you buy this automatic feeder, you can easily schedule feeding times up to three times every day. Consider this as a flexible solution when it comes to feeding your cats- you can decide on the time when the cat will be served breakfast, snack and lunch. You can also monitor their food intake since the portions can be customized, with the maximum 2 cups of solid food per feeding time. To clean the PetMate unit, simply remove the bowl and wash it with clean water.
2.4 Stars –
The Abdtech feeder system is another one of the more technological advanced feeders on the market that has made a name for itself sharing very similar capabilities to the notoriously high priced units at a fraction of the price.
However the price tag does impact the quality and performance of this unit which was a massive set back for this automatic cat food feeder, that being said it is a entry level feeder that may get the job done to your satisfaction.
- Wifi connectivity and online app
- Monitor your pets feeding schedule
- Large food storage
2 Stars –
This is the latest Mota pet feeder in the market, which can now be programmed to feed your cats up to 6 times daily. The servings can be customized, with a maximum serving of 6 1/3 cup per serve. This is great for pet owners who want to vary the food intake of their pets. The hopper is designed to be transparent so you can easily check out the food level and its large capacity can handle up to 7lbs of solid food.
For easy monitoring, this Mota dry food dispenser features an LCD screen where you can check out the time and the scheduled meals. You can also use the built-in microphone in case you want to record your voice telling the cats to enjoy their food. Use this automatic pet feeder if:
- You want to feed dogs or 2 cats
Automatic Wet and Dry Feed Feeder Reviews
5 Stars –
If you’re too busy with work demands, then this Feed and Go unit is suited for you since this can be controlled using the web. There’s a built-in microphone and webcam that will allow you to track the activities of your pet in real time even if you’re away. You can also record a message to your cat and play this before they eat. The unit easily connects to the internet thanks to an internal Wi-Fi. To operate the unit, you need to connect this to the AC/DC adapter, using US volt standard. The Feed and Go automatic feeder can handle up to 8oz of food, and can be scheduled for 6 meals daily. We recommend this unit for:
- Controlling Diets for obese and diabetic cats
- Pet owners who want to manage the food intake of their cats
- Pet owners who are busy at work and wants a dependable food dispenser
- Individuals who are looking to complement their dry food dispenser
3.2 Stars –
SureFeed is an advanced pet feeder that makes use of a microchip to verify a pet, and provide them with the appropriate food serving based on what was programmed. This chip is often implanted in the collar tag or ID of the cat. Once the sensor recognizes the microchip, the unit will open up the lid and let the cat access its food for the day.
This automatic feeder works thanks to the RFID technology, and can track up to 32 pets (identities) which means that cats can eat and enjoy the food at the feeder at the same time. This is a great option for cats with special dietary requirements, and should work for households with many pets. The use of the Surefeed microchip-run dispenser is great for:
- Owners who want to restrict the pet’s access to food
- Individuals who want to fed a number of cats with varying portions
- Cats with prescribed medications
- Individuals who want a special bowl for a specific cat
4 Stars –
This dry food dispenser works as an automatic feeder for cats and can be programmed to deliver food to your cat up to 5 times daily. Expect a cover for the first tray to ensure that the food is protected. This food dispenser feature the digital timer that lets you assign feeding hours, or the intervals between cat meals. This automatic dispenser can work for:
- Individuals who want to feed their cats thrice or four times daily
- Individuals who will use the unit for many days that require one or two meals daily
- Cats with health concerns
3 Stars –
This works as an automatic feeder where you can plan one meal at a time, and schedule it in advance. There’s an analog timer in place, and the scheduled feeding can be done within the 24-hour time frame. You can count on this automatic feeder if:
- You have well-behaved cats that will not access the dispenser at any time
- Cats with specific diet to follow at certain hours of the day
- Owners who want to see their 2 cats eat together
- You are looking for an extra automatic cat feeder
3 Stars –
You can depend on this Cat Mate food dispenser if you plan to feed 2 cats for two days while you are on a business trip. The unit features two compartments to store the food, which is kept cold and fresh by the ice pack. We recommend this product for:
- Disciplined cats that are not always looking for food
- Pet lovers who want to feed 2 cats with 2 meals daily
- Pets who prefer dry and moist food
3 Stars –
This wet food dispenser features a rotating lid system and 5 cat slots where food can be placed. When you buy the Cat Mate, you can arrange up to 5 meals, and the initial meal can be served instantly. To ensure complete tracking of feeding, the unit boasts an analog timer that allows the owner to set up the feeding time for cats. This will work by using just 1 AA battery, but its not included in the box.
3 Stars –
This feeder automates the feeding type of your cat thanks to a reliable dispenser, microphone, low battery indicator and a speaker. You can sequence the feeding times, and you can arrange up to 6 feeding times for a day. You can also record a personal message for your pets that can be played and replayed by the unit. This dispenser is recommended for:
- Disciplined cats
- Cats that feed on dry and wet cat food dispenser
- Diabetic cats who need to feed on a well-calibrated portion
3 Stars –
This is another automatic pet feeder that relies on infrared technology to run the unit. If the sensor correctly identified the target cat thanks to a personal tag worn on the collar, the unit will open its lid and dispense food. This wet food dispenser should work for cats that have special dietary requirements and need specific medications. It can be operated using 3 D-cell batteries, but it can also work using AC adapter.
3 Stars –
If you are planning to feed your cat 6 times while you are away, then this Lentek automatic pet food dispenser can work for you. There are 6 slots in all, and each slot of the unit can accommodate 2/3 cup of food, or 5 1/2 oz of wet cat food for this dispenser. This wet food feeder can work for:
- Individuals who want to preset the feeding of cats 6 hours in advance
- Owners of cats who don’t want to depend on the unit for a longer period of time
- Cats who are disciplined enough and will not insist on accessing the food in advance.
3 Stars –
For those planning just two pet meals a day, then PetSafe feeder is the ideal unit. This can be programmed to dispense food once every 24 hours, or twice a day. The tray can hold up to 1.5 cups of dry solid food, but can also work with wet food. If you need to feed the cats with wet food, you can freeze first the food before putting it on the tray. This will get its power from a single AA battery, which can run for a year.
3 Stars –
The WOpets 2 is a simple 2 times a day feeder enabling a simple and temporary solution to pet owners looking for a feeder that would maintain their cats feeding time for a 24 hour period.
This unit is not suitable for long term hands free feeding but focuses on helping pet owners feed their pets while they are away for a day
3 Stars –Thanks to a closed lid design, this automatic pet feeder with motion sensor can provide your cats with fresh food all the time. The lid will only open once it detects a cat moving within the unit. This responsive unit will work if you want to keep the food fresh, and you don’t want flies or any other foreign object on the food. The bowl is removable and dishwasher-safe, thus making it easier for you to clean the unit. This unit will require 2 AA batteries for it to efficiently run.
Manual Cat Food Dispensers
4 Stars –
This manual pet feeder features a knob that should be turned to start the feeding time. There’s no need to scoop or measure the food portions. The container can handle up to 10lbs of dry cat food, depending on the size or diameter. This food dispenser is ideal for:
- Cat owners who don’t want to measure food portions and pour the food into the bowl
- Owners who want to feed a number of cats with specific portions
- Individuals who want to control that amount of food taken by their cats
Cat Food Gravity Dispensers
4 Stars –
This unit features the gravity food system, and comes with a stainless steel bowl that can be removed for cleaning. This will simplify the tasks of feeding the cats since you no longer need to pour their food into the bowl. This feeder should work for:
- Cats who are disciplined enough
- Pet owners who own many cats, and these are not on diet
- Cats that have developed allergic reactions to plastic materials
4 Stars –
This feeder and waterer combo is durable and offers great stability. This unit also works using gravity, which means no timers are used. This Bergan Petite feeder is best for:
- Individuals who want to feed and supply water to 2 cats
- Pets that do not follow a specific feeding time
- Individuals who will use this indoors, and will not expose the unit to changing weather
- Cats that are not on strict diet
4 Stars –
This food dispenser should work for pet owners who are constantly traveling. There’s a snap-on lid and rotating bowl that can be easily shut once the cats have finished eating their meals. Since the unit can be closed easily, it can keep the food fresh and free from contamination. The unit features a handle which allows the unit to be carried anywhere without having to worry about spilled cat food. This travel unit is best for:
- Pet owners who are always on the go
- Smaller-sized cats that are not crazy about their food
4 Stars – CAT FOOD BALL SLIMCAT TOY FOOD DISPENSER –
This unit offers a fun way of dispensing food for cats. And even though this is not an automatic unit, this is highly recommended since it can dispense small sizes of cat food through the holes. This unit is great for training cats, and in teaching them better eating habits. This toy can also keep them busy during idle times, thus can make them physically active. This toy/dispenser is best for:
- Cats that need to shape up
- Cats with anxieties and with poor eating habits
Check the complete review.
4 Stars –
With this unit, you will no longer refill the bowl with food. The unit can handle up to 18lbs of dry cat food, thus will serve as a great investment for households with many cats. The design includes recessed handle area that allows for convenient handling especially when transferring the unit. This is also environment-friendly with polished design.
3 Stars –
This is another unit that works using gravity, thus providing a steady supply of food for cats. It features a transparent hopper which makes it possible to constantly check the contents of the unit. The bottle is manufactured from PET plastic, and done in a tasteful design. The base and lid can be taken out, and can be washed using the dishwasher. This unit will work for:
- Households with just one cat
- Highly active cats who love to roam outdoors and indoors
- Cats who want free feeding
- Owners who like to constantly check the contents of the unit
- Owners who have smart cats that tries to open the lid for food
We have created this website and online resource to help you feed your cats in style and in the most convenient manner. We hope that by reading our reviews and resources, we helped you make your life easier. Expect more reviews to be included in this site soon, and we will expand our product coverage to include elevated cat feeders, litter boxes and cat food.
Watch out for more reviews covering more products to help you become an informed buyer!