Cat Mate C20 Feeder Review
Different feeders are required when it comes to feeding different types of pets, with varying personalities and dietary requirements. If the need of the pet owner is to feed multiple cats with dry and moist cat food, then the best product to buy in the market is the Cat Mate C20.
This unit works best during the day, and comes with an automatic flip lid. If you are planning to buy the unit, or just considering to get one, let the following review help you make a decision.
Cat Mate C20 Description
This automatic cat feeder can work on one or two cats in the household. The cat food is always fresh since the food supply is stored in two compartments, and there are ice packs to ensure the freshness of the food. This unit also comes with an analog timer, which will open at the designated time. Each tray of the Cat Mate C20 can hold up to 450 grams worth of moist food.
Cat Mate C20 Feeder Features
- Comes with 2 food compartments
- Ice packs to keep food supply fresh
- Can be operated and programmed easily
- Up to 2 days worth of feeding cycle
- Measures 3.8 by 16.2 by 13.8 inches
- Will work with AA/LR6 batteries, and not included in the box
Understanding the Pros and Cons of Cat Mate C20
Tips on How to Use and Maximize the Benefits of Cat Mate C20
- If you want to maximize the potential of this food feeder, it is suggested that you should buy additional trays and ice packs. These back-up supplies can help you feed more cats.
- Since the unit does not feature a protective mechanism for the batteries, previous users of the unit recommend that you should tape the battery as a form of protection
- If you have creative cats that want to access more food, then it’s best to attach this feeder on a wooden board to avoid tipping over.
We recommend this Cat Mate for:
- Pet owners with cats and pets that are not too obsessed with food
- Households that need to feed their cats dry or even moist food
- Pet owners who need to feed their cats once a day, or twice a day
We also recommend this unit for pet owners with two cats, provided that:
- The two pet cats can eat at the same time, using the same tray. The is a perfect solution if you are looking to feed two cats at the same time.
- Pet owners want to use the unit in different ways, for example, the first unit will open ahead of the other
We do not recommend the unit if:
- You have cats that are too messy with food, and often gets more than their share. If the cats are too smart and determined, they may end up knocking the unit, and may destroy some parts of the unit, including the timer
- You have two or three cats that compete with each other to get their fair share of food
- You want a highly reliable unit that can last for a long period of time
- You want an automatic cat feeder that can work reliably for at least 2 days during weekends, when you are not around
- You want to feed your cats at least three times a day
Cat Mate C20 Feeder Conclusion
The Cat Mate C20 is one of the best automatic feeders out there, at least in terms of design and principle. We recommend this product for cats that are ‘well-behaved’, or those pets that are not too playful, and will not steal a few kibbles from the unit. Also, before deciding on this product, we suggest that you take some time to read the notes and warnings about this product, as listed below.
Notice to Potential Customers and Users: Based on a survey made on the product, 64 percent of all customers indicated that they are satisfied with the cat feeder, another 12 percent said that they are not very satisfied, and 24 percent mentioned that they are very unsatisfied. According to the respondents that are unsatisfied with the product, the unit comes with a defective motor, and will often top in the middle of operations. Also, some of the respondents suggested that the timer is not usually accurate. So based on the survey respondents and our own tests, we come up with the following recommendations: