To use it, you pour dry treats into the toy through an opening at the top of the dispenser and allow it to trickle down the lower levels.
The dispenser has 3 levels ‘ one on top of the other ‘ constructed in a tree-like or lamp post fashion. Each level has a hole where cats can put their paws in to scoop out the food.
Holes are separated evenly across all levels to force your cats to move around. They can also pull the dry treats into the holes strategically placed at the base of each level, moving the food step-by-step to the lower levels, until it reaches the bottom tray where they can finally eat it.
Rotating the disc base inside each level adjusts the openings where food can get through to the lower levels. Altering the size of the holes can make the puzzle more challenging for your cats. Bigger holes will make it more difficult for them to directly scoop out the food.
A rubber mat is situated at the base of the toy which also gives pressure point massage to your cat’s paws. The pleasurable experience they get from stepping on the mat can help in encouraging them to keep playing with the Senses Treat Maze.
- A tower with 3 levels which offer different degrees of difficulty
- Each level has holes where cats can pull the treats out using their paws
- Each level has holes on its base where food can pass through to the lower levels
- A food tray at the base of the toy catches the treats scooped out of it
- Holes on the discs inside each level is adjustable to vary the difficulty of each puzzle
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 9.5 x 9.5 x 14 in
- Weighs approximately 2.1lbs
Pros and Cons
Tips of usage
- Cover the opening at the top of the toy (the one where you put the treats in) to prevent cats from getting food directly from it
- Slowly pour food to avoid it from bouncing and spilling in all directions
- Attach the toy to a heavier base to prevent it from getting knocked over
You can use the Senses Treat Maze as the main food source for your cats and not only as a treat dispenser. The toy’s design is built to effectively slow down your cat’s eating pace and avoid vomiting from overeating. It also stimulates their observation and pawing skills since they need to work out how to get the food the easiest way they can.
Its lightweight frame makes it easy to get toppled over. To avoid this, attach the toy to something heavier. Other than that, this is an effective, entertaining, and challenging food dispenser that’s suitable for cats for all ages and sizes.