Drinkwell 360 Water Pet Fountain – Review
The water is constantly moving, making sure that the supply of water fresh, and free from bacteria. At the center of the fountain is a 5-inch free falling stream, and the 360 degrees design of the bowl ensures that a number of pets can drink at the same time. In short, this unit can work for households with multiple cats. The bowl can hold up to 128 oz of water, and also allows the pet owners to adjust the flow of water.
To ensure the cleanliness of water, the Drinkwell fountain comes with a replaceable charcoal filter. This takes out the dirt and pet hair, and also removes the odor from the water. Thanks to the filters used in the fountain, dirt and hair will not pass through and clog the pump. Its pump is submerged and helps promote the silent operations of the unit.
This fountain is powered by a 12-volt system, and can be plugged into a wall outlet. Drinkwell fountain is designed using BPA-free plastic, and easy to clean and maintain.
Drinkwell 360 Water Features
- Offers moving water that motivates your pets to drink more
- For use in the US
- Can work for multiple cats in the household
- Comes with a replaceable charcoal filter, which helps take out odor
- Splashes are avoided thanks to the use of a receiving ramp
- Made from BPA-free plastic
- The overall performance of the unit will depend on the number of pets in the household
- Features a pre-filter that works to protect the pump
- Comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Measures 13.5 by 13.5 by8.8 inches, 3.4 lbs
- Secured by a rubber feet that prevent sliding
How to Clean the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain
To get the best services from the unit, it is recommended to clean the fountain weekly, including the pump. One of the best features of this unit is that you can unplug its cord without having to unplug it completely from the wall outlet. Once this step has been completed, you can bring the unit in the bathroom for clean-up.
- Practice care when disassembling the unit. This is made up of a number of small parts, so it is best that you pay attention how these parts will fit.
- Check the pump for contaminants and other materials that may clog its operations.
- Wash all parts thoroughly. You can wash the parts with vinegar, and finishing it off with warm water.
- Filters should be changed every 2 weeks, or depending on how the filters are used.
- Once clean-up has been completed, it’s best to refill the fountain.
Note: According to the manufacturer, the filter should be replaced every 2 weeks. The process of cleaning and assembling the unit will take 25 minutes.
Pros and Cons of the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain
Tips in Using the Drinkwell 360
- Reusable filters can be used for this fountain to save money. But if you are looking for durability, choose original filters.
- Always put a mat to avoid leaks
- If there are splashes, you can configure the stream of water.
- You can use the GUM Go Between Wide Proxabrush Cleaners-8ct can be used to clean the unit, and this brush is reusable.
- The Drinkwell 360 is a competent water fountain, and works as advertised.
- This should work for pet owners who do not like to pour water to the bowl every day.
- Some users may encounter difficulty when assembling and disassembling the unit. You may need to spend 25 minutes just to disassemble and clean the product.
- There is a need to regularly change the filters, which can be costly on the part of the user. To save on costs, it is recommended to use reusable filters.
- Although this unit is designed to be tough, do not expect this water fountain to work for a very long time.
- This is made from plastic, which can be a problem in cats that are allergic to this material. Another option is to try the product�s stainless steel version.
We recommend the Drinkwell 360:
- For pets who are comfortable in drinking from moving water
- For individuals who can spend at least 25 minutes a day to disassemble and clean the unit
- For pet owners who are not too concerned with water splashes
- For short-haired pets
- For individuals who wants to spend on extra filters
We do not recommend the Drinkwell 360:
- For pet owners who do not have the patience to maintain and clean the unit weekly
- Pets who love to play around
- Pets with long hair
- For individuals looking for a fountain that will lasts for a long period of time
- For pet owners who do not want to spend more money on filters
- For pet owners who do not like their water to have contact with foam-based filter