Drinkwell Zen Steel Fountain – Review
Made from stainless steel, the Drinkwell Zen Steel Fountain offers a continuous supply of fresh and cool water.
The fountain holds up to a gallon of water, and also features a submerged pump, which means that this unit operates smoothly, without the usual noises. The same pump also creates a waterfall effect, allowing water to be oxygenated. And since the water is continuously moving, pet owners will not worry about the growth of bacteria.
Design-wise, the Drinkwell fountain comes with a 3-layer charcoal filter that will help remove the taste and odor from the water supply. Pet owners can regularly change the filter, as soon as the filter is already loaded with dirt. The unit is easy to clean and maintain, and designed with a wide mouth, allowing the pets to drink freely. There is also a ramp that ensures that water flows smoothly, without splashes. Power comes from a low voltage, 12V.
Drinkwell Zen Steel Pet Fountain Features
- Holds up to a gallon of water
- Great for all types of cats in different sizes
- Dishwasher-safe, except for the pump
- Low voltage, no noise created during operations of the fountain
- Comes with a replaceable 3-layer charcoal filter
- Designed with a wide mouth, allowing cats to drink freely
- Features a receiving ramp that prevents splashes of water on the floor
- Comes with PACC00-13068 Drinkwell replacement filter
- Product measures 13.4 by 13.4 by 6.3
- Comes with a patented free-falling system that motivates cats to drink more water
- BPA-free and UL listed
- Can be used indoors
The Pros and Cons of the Drinkwell Zen Steel
Tips on How to Use the Drinkwell Zen Stainless Steel Fountain
- It is important to take out the pump before placing the unit in a dishwasher for cleaning.
- Consumers recommend getting a dozen of spare filters, and these can work for 6 months.
- Make sure you pay attention to how the parts are used when disassembling the unit.
- Pet owners are advised to feel the sides of the unit to check for dirt and slime.
- As a water fountain, the Drinkwell unit is a competent product that can be used in different households in need of a continuous supply of fresh water. The water is delivered fresh since the system constantly moves the water. But keep in mind that this water fountain will not work for all types of cats. Some pets may be scared away from by the looks, or the design of the water fountain.
- There is also a need to regularly maintain the water fountain to ensure its smooth operations all the time. For example, pet owners should clean the bowl every 2 days, depending on how this is used. The filter should be replaced every week, or depending on the needs. It is advised that pet owners should check the condition of the filter for the presence of dirt and hair brought by the pets.
We recommend this product:
- For pet owners who have the time to maintain and clean the unit
- For big cats
- For cats who are used to flowing water
- For the pet owners who have the space in the house for a large fountain
- Pet owners who are looking for a competent water fountain for different kinds of cats
We do not recommend this product:
- For pets with long hair, or pets that love to play with flowing or moving water
- For pet owners who are looking for a water dispenser that does not create noises during its operations
- For individuals who have a hard time following the manual, or assembling and re-assembling units
- For smaller pets that can only drink from moving water
- Pet owners who do like the idea of water splashes on the floor and the fountain
- Individuals who don’t have the time to maintain the unit on a regular basis
- Individuals who do not like to buy extra filters on a regular basis