If you are looking for a quick solution to finding the best cat box for your budget then you have come to the right place.
It can be a time-consuming task to find a quality litter box that your cat will actually use and not reject, I have compiled and organized all the information you need to know in one easy-to-follow chart.
There are many types of cat boxes on the market, however, it can be a painful experience in choosing the right litter solution for your cat because there are so many types which include hooded, disposable, closed-ended, top entry, corner, high sided, Automatic, semi-automatic and the list goes on.
Considering your cat’s needs before your own:
As you probably already know cats are very fussy animals and if they don’t agree with the changes in their surroundings (their toilet situation) you’re in for a tough road ahead to get them settled back in again.
Here are some points to consider:
- Have a rough idea of your cat’s’ toilet routines, this will aid you in picking an ideal litter solution for your pet.
Shy Vs Outgoing Feline Behaviours
If your cat is timid, shy or if your cat is social or outgoing, different litter box types go well with different personalities. Any drastic litter box changes can lead to your furry friend peeing and pooping outside of the box and we don’t want that.
- Shy Cats – If your cat is shy and really timid and they are comfortable with an opened litter tray, it is best to not change it to something completely different to a covered or top entry cat box, A change like this can put your cat under stress and can lead to undesirable toilet behaviors.
- I would recommend in buying an open or even a high sided cat box which may take some getting used to, but a gradual change from going to a normal to a high sided litter box would be ideal.
- Outgoing Cats – If your cat is curious and outgoing then you should have no problems introducing new or high-tech litter box to them.
- Note: some cats can be fickle even though they appear to have an outgoing personality and changes to the environment around them can adversely affect them. Think about they’ve had any behavior issues in the past as a result of simple changes to their environment, like adding/taking away furniture, it’s advisable not to make any extreme litter pan changes.
Brands of litter box
You have probably seen all the brands of litter boxes from around the web (view all here). But the one that really sticks out to be the most valuable solution on the market is the litter robot open air. Find out why here