GemPet PF-103 SmartFeeder Automatic Pet Feeder Review
The GemPet SmartFeeder is an automatic pet feeder with a twist: it pairs up with a free app, (compatible with Androids, tablets, and Apple iOS,) that allows you to schedule up to four feeding times a day, and control the amount of food the feeder dispenses. And with ten portion options ranging from thirty to one hundred grams, you can easily customize each meal to your pet’s specific nutritional needs.
Concerned about what will happen if your Wi-Fi fails?
No worries! The system will revert to an ‘Offline Feeding Model’ which will allot the food right on schedule. But the best part of all is that the GemPet SmartFeeder comes with a one megapixel camera, so when there’s light, you can video call your pet at home, and even record video and take photos in real time. And if an unit sounds too robotic to you, you can record a ten second message calling your pet for mealtime. It may be the next best thing to being at home with your pet.
GemPet PF-103 SmartFeeder Features
- The GemPet PF-103 app’s features include: Real time video calls, photo and video capabilities in real time, feed your pet at any time, create a feeding timetable that will function with no Wi-Fi, choose meal servings, record a tens second message for your pet, receive notifications, supervise feeding activity, and share on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- One megapixel camera with 120′ viewing capabilities.
- Settable meal portions ranging from thirty to one hundred grams.
- Serves food up to four times a day.
- Removable food tray and receptacle for easy cleanup.
- Magnetic lock on lid to prevent curious cats from prying open the receptacle.
- Receptacle can hold up to 4.3L.
- Weight: 4.7 lbs
- Product size: 9.8 inch x 11.8 inch x 15 inch (with tray)
- Food requirements: dry food only, and between 0.2-0.59 inches.
- Tray Length: about 4.3 inches.
- Hopper held weight: 5kg.
- Rated Voltage: 110-240V.
- Power Adapter Voltage: 5V/2A
- App Client: Android 4.0 or above, iOS: 7.5.
Included With The Unit
One GemPet Smart Feeder
One Power Adapter
One User Guide
How The SmartFeeder Works
The free app connects to the Wi-Fi network in your home, and you control the system through the free app. When it’s time for a meal, a small component at the bottom of the hopper will begin rotating, propelling the dry food towards the tray and down a chute to where your pet can eat it.
The Programming and iOS and Android App
To begin setup, you must first download the free app onto your Android, tablet, or iOS device, and pair it with the device’s Wi-Fi hotspot. Then the device will reconnect you to your home’s Wi-Fi network. This process will ensure the security of the connection. After making sure the GemPet SmartFeeder is filled with your pet’s food, you can create a profile for your pet for your own records, including height, weight, breed, and personality traits.
By clicking the ‘+’ sign you can select when you want to schedule feedings, and your preferred portions. If you want to skip a feeding at any time, you slide the ‘enable/disable’ bar on the app. When you are ready to activate the camera, open the video options from the main menu and select one of the following options: ‘Video’ to record video, ‘Snapshot’ to take photos, ‘Fold’ to play videos, ‘Speak’ to talk over a video call connection to your pet, ‘Listening’ when you want to hear your pet in real time, and ‘Gallery’ to view the pictures you’ve taken.
Your pet’s feeding information will be stored in a chart that displays daily food consumption..
If you’re a busy pet parent who worries about their furry friend when they’re away, this could be the solution for you. Although it can be unreliable, overall, the GemPet SmartFeeder is worth the money.