In this article, I will be taking a closer look at the Litter Robot II Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box. We will be covering all the features of the unit consisting of the pros and cons and how it works, how to set it up correctly, and some helpful tips as well as my final conclusion.
The Litter Robot 2 has been discontinued (limited offer below) and replaced with its new Successor – check out the Litter Robot 3 review here
This review is not an unbiased cat box review, and I am NOT paid to write these reviews.
This review is written from my own personal experience with the LR With that being said I am not trying to sell you on the review, this article has been used by 1000’s of people to make an informed decision if this cat waste receptacle is right for them – take this review as a grain of salt as you see fit, see all the reviews here
Litter Robot 3 Offer — DON’T PAY RRP $689 or $499 for the NEW Litter Robot 3 Open Air
Litter-Robot.com has given me a special Limited Time Review Offer for you to get a brand new Litter-Robot 3 for a fraction of the RRP price…
- Free Shipping
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Plus an Extra $25 OFF
If you like what you hear on my review of the Litter Robot III then take advantage of this unbeatable offer to Save Big today before this opportunity ends.
Get the Lowest Price available on the internet, for only $449 here
Litter Robot 2 description:
The Litter Robot is one of the most sophisticated self-cleaning cat trey out on the market today, coming in as the best automatic litter box on the market.
The unit is specifically designed to avoid any scooping, cleaning and general maintaining, for people who have been looking for a NO Scoop solution, this is proven to be a set-and-forget electric waste receptacle solution.
The unit can go for weeks without of cleaning thanks to the roomy waste receptacle located at the base of the unit.
But whenever it needs a clean all you have to do is simply open the waste container draw and tie the waste bag, then replace it with another waste bag and you’re done.
The odor is no hurdle for the Litter Robot as this unit is loaded with an impressive carbon filtration system that basically knocks out cat odor keeping your house/apartment clean from any lingering smelly scent.
The unit has no issues in accommodating cats that weigh up to 15 pounds (6.8 kilograms) as well as comfortably catering to multiple cats, up to 7 fully grown cats.
The LR is made up of a durable solid plastic construction which is made to last.
The spheres internals is made up of thick, slippery rubber lining enabling litter clumps to slide into the waste bin with ease.
The unit has a modern spherical design which goes hand in hand with the functionality of flawlessly removing all sorts of cat waste and odor.
The spacious waste container is located at the base of the unit which functions as a regular draw hatch where a bag is placed to collect the waste.
The LR comes with an easy to use push button programmable user interface control panel which enables the user to quickly program the unit to the specifications of their pets needs.
The design of the Litter Robot was made in accordance to keeping all pets safe (including dogs), there are no sharp edges, loose wires to chew on or any chance of your cat coming in contact with the working motors as it rotates.
Litter Robot II Features
- Easy to set up and operate
- No need for additional trays or even non-reusable receptacles.
- It functions along with virtually any clumping kitty pallets.
- Decreases kitty litter container odor utilizing an innovative carbon filtration system.
- Safe for your household cats and other Pets.
- Works comfortably with any biodegradable kitty litter.
- Durable Construction.
- Comfortably accommodates 1 to 7 household cats.
- Saves you tremendously on litter costs.
- Eliminates trailing.
- All the waste enters to the bottom drawer of the unit for straightforward bagged disposal.
- Set and forget system
- Odor FREE design
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 22 x 29 inches ; 24 pounds
- 90-day money-back guarantee and a 18-month full warranty, just like the Litter Robot III
How does the Litter Robot work?
Every time your cat uses the LR the electrical sensor and an onboard computer to trigger a seven-minute timed delay, this ensures that your cat doesn’t re-enter the cat box during the self-cleaning
the process, however, if the cat does re-enter the cat trey within that 7 minute delay period the units smart sensor is triggered which kills any cleaning operations until your cat leaves the area.
After seven minutes the LR will proceed to clean the cat pan area, the sphere on the base of the unit will begin its slow rotation in order filter the and separate the clean litter from the waste.
The waste is then disposed of in the units waste receptacle for easy bagged disposal for later cleaning.
If your cat re-enters the sphere during the rotation process, the unit will shut itself off and reset itself to the next 7-minute cycle.
Most of the other automatic boxes possess a rake system, however, the unit does not use this system as the rake system comes with its own set of problematic errors of jamming and not cleaning the sandbox properly which makes the litter robot a superior type of system in the market.
How to set up the Litter Robot II self-clean litter box?
This automatic cat trey comes in 2 pieces (Base and sphere) which is incredibly easy to assemble, all you have to do is align the cog track on the sphere head to the base mechanism and that’s it. There is no screwing things need the use of tools to make this unit work.
The Litter Robot LRII bubble version includes a lip extender which is located on the entrance of the cat boxes sphere to prevent any litter which may be kicked out of cat pan while the cat is doing his business.
Cleaning the cat waste from the unit is very simple and keeps you away from any direct contact from any waste, this involves opening the waste receptacle draw and removing the used bag and replacing the bag with a regular domestic garbage bag and its ready to use once again.
If you own one cat you can delay changing the waste bag every 2 weeks, however, if you have more cats you will have to change the waste bag more regularly.
Tips and Tricks and best practices
- Introducing your cat to their new automatic self-cleaning litter box can rarely be a challenge, however, if your cat is timid it might take some time to get used to.
In most cases, cats just fall in love the unit just because of how it’s designed.
The best way to combat any problems among cats is to unplug the appliance and allow the cat to get used to doing their business in the litter robot when the machine is off.
- Another trick to get your cat to start using the cat box as soon as possible is to attach a litter magnet on the device.
Most people have had success with leaving the old waste receptacle next to the Litter Robot.
- Use litter mats to get any litter trailing
As directed by the product creators it’s not recommended for kittens under the weight of 5 pounds as the sensor cannot accurately detect their weight.
PROS and CONS Summary
- It’s very easy to set up. program and operate.
- Sleek design and fits easily into any home decor.
- No direct contact with waste.
- Extremely low maintenance for cleaning this device.
- NO manual scooping.
- Simple Push button operation
- Easy waste disposal
- Less cat litter is used
- NO odors
- There is no need to purchase expensive supplies or bags and kitty litter.
- It is quieter than most other self-cleaning litter box systems.
- Made of solid plastic which is built to last
- 18-month warranty
- It is recommended for manual use for kittens under the weight of 5 pounds.
- There is some noise when the unit is in the automatic cleaning process.
I recommend to:
- Multiple cat owners (1 – 7 cats)
- Cat owners looking to save money in the long-term
- Busy owners who are unable to take care of manual waste receptacle maintenance.
- Owners trying to distance them self from making contact with cat waste
- Owners shopping for a NO-SCOOP solution
- Cat owners looking for long-lasting high-quality self cleaning cat box solution.
I Don’t don’t recommend to:
- Owners who are on a VERY tight budget
My Final Conclusion
The Litter Robot 2 is the best self-cleaning litter trey solution on the market today and no other devices have been known to top this unit’s great features and functionality.
There are no expensive supplies except for regular clumping litter, special filter replacements, or additional waste containers to purchase, everything you need is in one-time investment.
The cost of clay clumping litter and normal shopping plastic bags is a very small price to pay when it concerns your valuable time and convenience of having a device that does 98% of the work on auto pilot.
There is more good news about this litter box, this unit has the ability to save much more kitty litter than most other automatic litter pans on the market, the unit does it in such a way that there is no contaminants from the used litter to the clean litter.
The one feature that also makes this unit shine amongst the rest is the handling of odor, there is absolutely NO odor leakage from its system which keeps your household free from any cat litter waste odors. This unit is fit for all environments, whether it be a house, business, you name it.
Get the Litter Robot For The Cheapest Price
But Wait!… The kind people over at Litter Robot contacted me recently that they loved this review and they wanted to help my readers “you reading this 🙂“
with this great opportunity to help you Save big on a new Litter Robot 3.
Don’t pay $624.99 or $686.00 from Amazon or the big retailers
Today get the Litter Robot 3 for only $449 here
90 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Get it Here before this offer is gone forever