Litter Spinner Litter Box Review
This semi-automatic litter box is powered by a rotating system that effectively picks up the waste products, sift through the litter using the internal tray-grate to screen litter from waste. Thanks to its manual spinning capabilities, there’s no need to manually scoop out the litter thus promoting a better and cleaner way of managing waste.
The Litter Spinner litter box also features an enclosed area which means that your pets have their own personal and private space to complete their tasks. This unit can work with a clumping litter and each unit also comes with the clump stick that can be used to take out the clump. The entry point of this cat litter box measures 7.5 inches.
- Easy to clean and maintain by simple spinning
- No need for cords, plus or use of batteries
- Unit works easily with any clump stick available
- Constructed from 100-percent polypropylene
- High quality construction
- When fully assembled, unit measures 8 inches Width 20 inches Height and 4.5 inches Diameter
How the Litter Spinner Works?
Cleaning the litter spinner is easy, and you can do that by placing your hands on the drum surface and spin it for a few rotations. If you think that there are still litter that sticks inside, simply tap on the top portion to unsettle it. There is a segregation process courtesy of the drawer screen to set the clean litter from the waste matter.
Although this unit will share the same design with other brands in the market, the Litter Spinner takes a different approach thanks to the presence of a base where it can spin. Once the segregation process has been completed, it will continue spinning backwards to move to its initial position to ensure that the litter is evened out for another round of use. Just take out the tray and waste, and move it to the assigned thrash bag. Check out a video to know more about the operations of this unit.
- Clean up is easy through simple spinning of the box
- Will work for cats that want to complete their deed in private
- Made with high quality materials
- Enclosed design means dogs can’t access the unit
- Saves and cleans the litter thanks to a constant spinning
- Features a hole at the bot to change the dirty litter
- Compact size, makes it a great addition to pads and apartments
- Pulling out the drawer can be a problem if it gets stuck and speaking of pulling out the drawer, it will sometimes spill litter on the flooring.
- The drawer also acts as the screen so it would be best to place a mat just under it
- May not be able a steady stream of urine
- Small waste may not be captured by the grating lid
- There will be times when the waste will got stuck on the sides of the unit, and the clump stick may not be useful at all
- Opening may not work for larger-sized cats
Tips and my personal recommendations along with tips from other cat owners who bought the Litter Spinner
Always follow the filing mark that can be found inside the unit when placing new litter. If you don’t follow this basic rule, then there’s a big chance that the unit will find it hard to spin the contents and screen the waste more efficiently
Pay attention to the assembly steps since the unit will not work the right way
When pulling out the tray, try to secure first the waste by placing an extra mat just beneath the unit
New litter should be added into the unit on a regular basis
And when it comes to reliable clumping litters, users recommend the use of Precious Cat Problem Training Litter
This is a reliable unit when it comes to the collection of cat waste through a spinning action. This unit works as advertised, but some issues can be noted when you pull out the tray that holds the waste. It’s difficult to pull the tray out, and there’s a chance that the waste may fall off. Some customers who purchased the unit noted its small size which can be difficult to use when handling average-sized cats. But if the cat’s head will be outside of the unit, then size is not a problem. Younger and small-sized cats are the ones that can use the unit more effectively.
When it comes to maintaining this unit, you’ll need to disassemble this once every two weeks. So when we compare the advantages and disadvantages, we can say that other units are more desirable for your home. But if you have smaller cats, this unit is recommended. Just be ready for some spilled litter and waste when trying to pull the tray out from the unit. This can be messy sometimes, but you can always remedy it by placing an extra mat.
Getting the best price: I have seen the Litter Spinner at good retail outlets including Walmart, Costco etc and are normally being sold for $129.99! But you can get the Litter Spinner here for only $76.60 from Amazon.com which are some great savings.