Pet Feedster USA PF-10 CAT Food Dispenser Review
This unit also features the Flex-Feeder that allows for all types and sizes of kibbles to pass through the unit and into the tray. You can adjust the Flex-Feeder depending on the size of the kibbles, up to 3/4′ in diameter, and can be programmed to deliver up to 5 meals each day. The amount of kibbles that can be discharged for every meal can be adjusted as well, from as small as 1 teaspoon, to 6 cups.
In case you unplug the unit accidentally, the programmed meal times will not be changed.
And in case your pets are allergic to plastic materials, you can easily replace this with another one. There are a number of videos online that shows customers who bought the Pet Feedster who opted to use ceramic bowls.
Pet Feedster Features
- Offers a special chute to prevent mischievous cats from accessing the hopper
- Incorporates a Flex-Feeder mechanism that helps move the kibbles from the chamber to the tray
- Allows different kinds of kibble types and sizes, and kibble sizes can vary from 1/8′ to 3/4′
- The system can dispense up to 5 meals daily, and each meal can have a maximum of 6 cups of dry cat food
- Hopper can handle up to 10 lbs of dry kibbles
- Offers an easy-to-read LCD screen, powered by a back light
- Power comes from batteries or AC adapter
- Digital timer allows for the programming of meals correctly
- There’s no need to re-program the unit in case of power interruptions. In case the unit has been unplugged or because of power fluctuations, the unit will retain the program information
- Ant-proof, with a removable water tray at the bottom of the unit, to protect the kibbles from insects
- Hopper features a window that allows pet owners to check the food level
- Measures 13.75′ W, 15′ D x 17′ H (unit only, without a bowl attached)
- Comes with a 12-month limited warranty
What to Get from the Box:
- Main Body
- AC power adapter
- pc food dish
- Flex feeder
- chute attachment with 2 screws
- removable water tray
- Owner’s Manual
How the Pet Feedster Works
As an improved version this unit will prevent the usual breakdowns and jamming that are associated with large-sized kibbles. At the core of its dependable operations is the Flex-Feeder that constantly rotates to avoid stuck kibbles. Also, this can be adjusted depending on the size and type of kibbles. To understand the technology behind the Feedster, you can check out some of the available YouTube videos about the unit.
Programming the Pet Feedster Unit
There are 2 steps to keep in mind when programming this cat feeder. First, you need to identify the amount of food that your cat should eat during individual meal times. Second, you need to specify the number of times your cat should eat in a day.
Discover How the Power Backup System Works
There are two power sources for the units – D-sized alkaline batteries and AC/DC adapter that can be plugged into your 110-volt outlet. If you are using the adapter and the household experiences a power outage, the unit will retain the previous program but will not dispense kibbles without the alkaline batteries. But if the unit has back-up batteries, the feeder can still operate even during a power outage. The provided AC adapter is safe and efficient, and will operate in low voltage current. The cord is UL listed, and measures 68′ long.
Types of Kibbles Accepted by the USA PF-10
This unit can work with different sizes of kibbles, from 1/8′ to 3/4′ in diameter. It can also work on different shapes, from rounded spherical kibbles to star-shaped kibbles. If you need to feed your cats with oddly shaped kibbles, you only need to adjust the Flex Feeder. If you are feeding your cats with irregularly-shaped kibbles, you may notice differences in the amount of kibbles in every meal. If you noticed that one meal features fewer kibbles than expected, you can expect that the remaining kibbles may be dispensed on the next meal schedule.
What to Expect from the Pros and Cons of the Pet Feedster?
Tips When Using the Pet Feedster
- You may need to add vinegar of water on the tray at the bottom to keep insects like pets away
- If you are living in an area known for a hot humid climate, you may need to regularly open the lid and stir the kibbles inside to avoid clumping of the food.
- In case you want this unit outside your house, we suggest that you strap this feeder down.
As mentioned, this is an iimproved version of the original Pet Feedster, and this unit is exclusively designed for cats. What makes this unit a high-performance feeder is the presence of the Flex-Feeder that helps ensure an efficient delivery of kibbles, whatever the shape or size. With the use of the Flex-Feeder, the unit can avoid the usual breakdowns and jamming that are common among many units.
This improved version of the unit is more efficient and offers improved accuracy when it comes to dispensing food. Consistency is also an advantage when using this unit when feeding cats. If you need to feed your cats early in the morning, say 4AM or late afternoon, this Pet Feedster can do the work and take out the stress that comes with pet care and management. This is why this unit is also recommended for busy pet owners who are always on the go, and who may need to program the unit in advance.
I recommend this unit:
- If your pets are addicted to kibbles, and your cats tend to access the hopper when you are not looking around
- If you have overweight cats, and you need the pets to be subjected to a dieting plan
- If you want accurate servings at the right time
- If you need to feed your pets up to 5 times daily
- If you have cats that want to eat during odd hours of the morning
- If you want a unit that can work on alkaline batteries
- If you are looking for consistency when it comes to feeding your cats. This unit can be programmed to dispense food early in the morning, or late in the afternoon.
- If you are looking for a beautiful and modern-looking unit
I do not recommend this unit:
- If you are looking for a cheap food dispenser for 2 cats that do not require accurate kibble servings