Petmate Infinity Cat Feeder – Full Review
One of the most popular and dependable kibble systems out there is the Petmate Infinity Cat Feeder 5lbs, a unit that allows a pet owner to program up to 3 meals in a day.
This means that pet owners can arrange breakfast, lunch and dinner food servings for their pet cats, or a specific feeding schedule can be arranged. At the minimum, this unit can contain 1/4 cup of dry food for every meal, with a maximum allotment of 2 cups. This dry food dispenser can hold up to 5 lbs of dry food.
This particular automatic pet feeder is also easy to clean, thanks to a removable bowl that is dishwasher-safe. Please note that the Petmate Infinity Cat Feeder can only be used for dry cat food, and can only be used inside the house. For this unit to work, you will need 3 D-sized batteries, but batteries are not included in the unit package. The new versions of the product are only powered by batteries.
Petmate Infinity Features
- Users can program up to 3 meals in a day
- Bowl is removable, and easy to clean and maintain
- Weighs 4.4 lbs
- Users can choose the meal times for cats
- The Unit can carry 5 lbs of cat dry food
- Unit measures 14 by 9 by 15 inches
- Food is kept fresh thanks to the use of a twist-lock lid
Best Ways on How to Use Petmate Infinity
- There are new versions of this product, and all these are still battery operated, but with the older models, you can count on an AC adapter
- Make sure to use this dry food dispenser inside your home, this is not an outside unit as weathering is likely to degrade its internal electronic components.
Pros and Cons
We do not recommend this Petmate Infinity Feeder for:
- Pet owners who plan to feed their pets with smaller-sized pellets, and for pet owners who want to bring meals at specific times for the day. There is also a problem on the food portions since there are times when this auto food dispenser does not deliver the exact amount of dry food even if pet owners have already specified the amount of dry food
- Households with playful and creative cats that tend to raid the contents of the hopper and the cat food dispenser
- Pet owners who value the durability of the unit. Based on our tests and customer reviews, we have found out that this dry food dispenser is made from ordinary and weak materials, and may not last for a long period of time.
- Pet owners who need to schedule specific meal times for the pet cats and dogs
Based on customer reviews and our tests of the product, we found out that the Petmate Infinity is best used on dogs and not cats since many cats can outsmart this system. Some users and customers who have purchased the unit also complained about the incorrect food portions or servings, which can become a problem especially if you need to feed pets that are under strict diet. This will also not work for pets that require meals at specific times of the day. If you are looking for a product that can provide you with exact food portions and these meals are delivered on the dot, then this pet food dispenser may not work for you.
This does not mean that this food dispenser is not dependable. On the contrary, there are many benefits associated with this kibble dispenser. You can count on the Infinity pet feeder:
- If there is a need to feed pets once or twice a day
- If there is a need to feed multiple pets in the household
- If you are looking to feed your pets medium-sized pellets, pellets that measure 1/2′ in diameter
- If your cats are not too playful, and will not raid the hopper
- If your pets are not on a strict diet, with specific food portions
Note to Remember When Using the Petmate Infinity: There is a new design of this product available in the market today. Although the design looks different compared to the older models, keep in mind that the features are the same, and these new models are also easy to use and operate.