Petsafe 5-Meal Pet Feeder – Full Review
Petsafe 5 Meal cat feeder is an electronic feeder for cats which is specifically designed to make feeding more accurate with its digital timer feature. Here are the features, advantages and disadvantages of the product which could be useful for you when deciding whether or not to buy Petsafe 5 Meal.
What Makes Up the Petsafe 5 Meal?
The Petsafe is made of rugged polypropylene and its actual dimension is 15 x 5 x 18, and weighs 3.9 lbs. It has five compartments that can hold a single cup of food. This system is easy to program and operate because of its digital timer. Moreover, if you intend to clean the unit on a daily basis, then there is no need to worry since the food tray can be easily removed for fast and convenient cleaning. This auto food dispenser will surely not work without batteries. Thus, you are required to purchase and use four pieces of D-cell batteries since these are not included when you buy the unit. Upon purchase of Petsafe 5 Meal Automatic pet food dispenser, you are presented with one-year warranty.
If there is a case where the the petsafe malfunctions within the warranty period, then you can consult the distributor from which the product was purchased and request for repair or replacement.
The Digital Timer Feature
The unit can be programmed to feed your pet cats up to five times on a daily basis. With Petsafe 5 Meal Electronic cat food dispenser, your pet cat will surely avoid overeating. Using the digital timer, you can establish and maintain a feeding schedule that increments by at least one hour every after each meal. You are free to choose your own feeding schedule depending on your preference and availability. You may opt for five equal portions of meal each day, or one meal each day within five days.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Petsafe 5 Meal
Tips from Current Customers When Using the Petsafe 5-Meal
- Do not just leave your cat with the feeder without letting them try or use it for several times. Your cats need to be more accustomed before leaving them alone with the unit. The noise created by the motor of the feeder can be irritating to your cats at first. But if they get used to it, there will be no problem leaving them.
- Prior to use of Petsafe 5-Meal, peeling off the instructions label on the Petsafe’s lid should be done properly. This is to ensure hassle-free rotation of lids. If accidentally the instructions label was peeled off differently, it is possible to print them from a Petsafe website.
- The lid should be pushed down until it clicks to ensure that the tray is locked in properly. This way, your cats will not be able to move or break the lid just to get more food.
- Once the compartments are not properly aligned at the center, then you can press the button on the food dispenser to move the motor and the lid to the center again.
- Considering the cleverness of cats, owners should never refill the food tray when your cat is around. They will know exactly the content of the pet food dispenser and may not stop unless they managed to get what they want.
- Watch out if your cats have allergy with plastics to avoid chin acne. To prevent this from happening, choosing stainless steel bowls which are 3.5 inches in length is recommended. These bowls from Sur La Table can perfectly fit into the compartments of the unit.
Remember that choosing the system is based on your cats’ needs and requirements are critical.
It may not be suitable to use this system when your cat is experiencing anxiety because your cats may be irritated by the noises. For anyone who is busy and cannot attend to their cats every minute, then the Petsafe 5-Meal Electronic Feeder is the best solution. This feeder is also beneficial for diabetic cats and for those that need to lose weight since only a specific portion is fed throughout the day.