Petsafe Drinkwell Ceramic Avalon Pet Fountain – Review
Petsafe Drinkwell Ceramic Avalon Pet Fountain can hold up to 70 ounces of water.
Its unique design looks more appealing to pet cats as it encourages them to drink more water to avoid dehydration. Increased water intake helps a cat become free from urinary diseases. By using this Petsafe unit, water stays filtered and oxygenated all throughout the day making it safer for drinking for pets.
Ceramic Avalon Pet Fountain has lower and upper water reservoir, allowing your cats to drink either of the two drinking areas. This unit is made from ceramic though some parts are made of plastic, but it allows easy cleaning. Ceramic is known to prevent slime and bacteria formation.
Features of Petsafe Ceramic Avalon
- Petsafe Drinkwell Avalon can store up to 70 ounces of water
- Water is kept fresh and clean because it has replaceable charcoal filter, while bad taste and smells are being eliminated
- Moving water encourages pet cats to drink more water to ensure hydration
- Clean and hygienic design
- Foam pre-filter protected pump
- Perfectly designed for home use
- Has free-falling stream that circulates water, keeping it oxygenated and fresh for drinking
- Has two-way drinking areas including, top and bottom part
- The Avalon fountain runs on 12-voltage system
- Known for safe and smooth operations
- The unit has submersible pump
- This fountain is dishwasher- safe
- Product measures 12.2 inches in length by 12.2 inches in height by 8.3inches in width
- It weighs 3.2 pounds
Components of the Drinkwell Avalon
- Drinking bowl
- Fountain tower
- Pre-filter protected pump
- Top and bottom filter housing case
- Replaceable foam filter
- Replaceable charcoal filter
- Inline plug
- Rubber cap and grommet
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of this Fountain Over Other Units?
Tips from Customers Who Have Used the Unit
- Never forget to place a mat underneath the unit so the fountain will be quieter and the floor will be protected from the mess.
- Some customers prefer to use their own charcoal filters rather than the filter provided upon purchase of the unit.
- Soak the unit in vinegar or bleach so the unit is well- cleaned. This helps in removing hard stains formed in the fountain.
- Always maintain the fountain, and make sure that is is filled with water so that the pump will not run out of water, and to eradicate noise created by water splash.
This pet fountain works best as advertised. Drinkwell Avalon Ceramic Fountain is easy to clean than other plastic units. It is suitable for small cats as it stores up to 70 ounces of water. Just like any other pet cat fountain, it gets noisy when it runs out of water supply, so immediate refilling is necessary to stop the noise. It can be more relaxing to some, but other cats may find it annoying especially when the water splashes. Though some parts of this pet fountain are made of plastic, major parts are all ceramic. With Drinkwell Avalon, felines do not get direct exposure to plastic, keeping them away from chin acne.
Avoid the risk of damaging the pump by cleaning the filters as needed. The pump may not work well if the filters are dirty. Considering the features, pros and cons:
The Drinkwell Avalon Pet Fountain is best for:
- One or two cats only
- Feline that wants to drink from moving water
- Pet that needs to drink more water daily
- Cat that develops acne when get exposed to plastic materials
- Pets that are used to the noises
- Pet owners who do not mind periodic cleaning of the unit.
The Drinkwell Avalon Pet Fountain may not work well for:
- More than two cats drinking at the same time, because the fountain may become messy and dirty
- Pets that are not used to noises
- Owners who prefer a quiet unit to keep you relax and free from noise
- Pet lovers who do not have time to clean the fountain every week
If this fountain is the best choice for you but wanted a different shape, you may try the Ceramic Pet Fountain. This unit is similar with the Avalon Pet Fountain in technical aspects, though it comes with in a rectangular shape.