Petsafe Drinkwell Sedona Fountain – Review
The Drinkwell Sedona Fountain is one of the most stylish pet fountains I’ve come across. It’s made up of a transparent oval-shaped impact-resistant plastic bowl with a ceramic tower in the middle through which water is pumped by a submersible pump. The inner-workings of the fountain are well-hidden by a beautiful light-blue ceramic tower.
This fountain is also one of the quietest pet drinking fountains and is advertised as being “whisper quiet”. This is due to the fact that apart from the featured submersible pump for quiet operation the water quietly bubbles out of the top of the ceramic tower and flows over it into the bowl. Therefore, splashing sounds are eliminated altogether.
The fountain has a dual filter; an activated carbon filter and a foam filter, which removes impurities and bad odors and tastes from the water. Water is kept moving which encourages pets to drink more while keeping it fresh, cool and aerated.
The fountain holds 100 ounces of water and is suitable for multiple pets, preferably cats and small to medium-sized dogs. It’s very easy to use. Simply fill it with water directly from a jug. The power cord is long enough to allow you some leeway on where to place the fountain.
Petsafe Drinkwell Sedona Fountain Features
- Very modern, stylish design
- Constant supply of cool, fresh, aerated water
- Bubbling water entices your pet to drink
- 100 oz. water capacity
- Drinking area is suitable for pets with large or flat faces
- Ceramic tower
- Impact-resistant plastic bowl
- Submersible pump
- Dual filter: activated carbon and foam filter
- Very quiet operation
- Dishwasher safe (except pump)
- Indoor use only
- Low voltage power supply for safe operation
- Product dimensions: 9.8″ x 12.5″ x 5.3″
How the Drinkwell Sedona Fountain Works
A rectangular outline at the bottom of the bowl indicates where the pump should be placed. A piece of foam is placed here and then the pump is placed inside. The pump has suction feet that secures it to the bottom of the bowl keeping it in place.
Then you thread the cord connected to the pump through the plastic stem jutting out of the middle of the bowl. The cord comes out of the bottom of the bowl. The bowl itself is elevated by two feet so that the cord can run under it. A silicone piece, which acts as a cap, is then inserted on top of the plastic stem and pulled down over it sealing it.
Let water run over the filter to get rid of any charcoal dust. Open the bottom of the filter encasement, insert the filter and snap the bottom back on. You will see a hole at the bottom of the filter that matches up with the hole in the pump. Place the filter on top of the pump and then place the ceramic dome on top covering both the pump and filter.
The adapter plugs into the end of the pump cord. Before giving it power fill the fountain with water.
The Pros and Cons of the Petsafe Sedona Fountain
My Sedona Tips
- Adding ice cubes to the water keeps it chilled during the summer months.
- Rinse the filter under water to remove residue before inserting.
The Drinkwell Sedona Fountain is an ultra-stylish and serene water fountain that gives your pet a constant supply of fresh, cool, aerated water while adding pizazz to your home. The ceramic tower helps keep water cooler than plastic or stainless steel fountains and the addition of ice cubes to the water makes this the ultimate pet fountain for those hot summer months.
I would recommend this water fountain for:
- nervous cats.
- people who place a high value on style.
- people who enjoy peace and quiet with no distractions.
- multi-cat households and small to medium-sized dogs.
- people who live in warmer climates.
I would not recommend this unit for:
- large dogs;
- clumsy people as the ceramic tower can easily be broken;
- people who prefer the soothing sound the “waterfall effect” fountains produce.