Petsafe Healthy Pet Water Station Review
The Cat Water System is your pet’s personal water cooler.
The gravity water dispensing system utilizes a flow control valve which regulates the flow or pressure of fresh water into a detachable stainless steel bowl.
The safety aspect lies in the materials with which the product is made. Stainless steel is hailed as the number one material for pet bowls as it is easy to clean. Simply stick it into a dishwasher at a high temperature to kill all bacteria and chemicals that may irritate your beloved pet. Made of BPA-free plastic this device is a safer solution than regular plastic waterers, which harbors chemicals that may negatively impact your pet’s health.
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station is available in three sizes: 0.5 gallon, 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon reservoirs. The design is modern and blends in with most household decor. Filters are sold separately.
Petsafe Healthy Pet Water Station Features
- Spill-proof flow-control valve water dispenser
- Detachable stainless steel bowl
- Detachable reservoir that locks in place once attached
- Wide opening for easy cleaning
- Dishwasher safe
- Modern design
- Separate Healthy Pet Water Filter available
- Comes in three sizes
- For indoor use only
How does it work
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station utilizes a flow control valve system that works once the reservoir is locked in place. This prevents water spillage while carrying the station and when refilling it with water. A spring triggers the device to release water. It has a black handle at the top to assist with carrying the station.
The refill time is calculated using the size of the water station and the weight of the animal as seen below:
PETSAFE HEALTHY PET WATER STATION SIZES AND CAPACITIES
Station Size Water Capacity Calculated Refill Time: Pet Weight (in pounds ‘ lbs.)
10 lb. cat/dog 50 lb. dog 100 lb. dog
Small 0.5 gallon (2 L) Every 6 days, Every day, Every day
Medium 1 gallon (4 L) Every 12 days, Every 2 days, Every day
Large 2.5 gallons (9.5 L) Every 31 days, Every 5 days, Every 2 days
Pros and Cons of the Petsafe Healthy Pet fountain
My Personal Tips
- Ensure that the spout is in the correct position when re-attaching the reservoir as water may overflow if it is not.
- Clean the bowl regularly as cats shed hair and will not drink from a dirty bowl.
- When reattaching the reservoir attach it straight onto the pin and rotate it back on so as not to bend the pin.
- Attaching a filter changes the direction of the flow of water.
- Cracks in the reservoir can change water pressure and result in too much water being released.
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station works effectively if used properly and is a great product overall. The handle on top misleads customers into thinking that it is detachable and that the unit can be filled from the top but this is not the case. The pros outweigh the cons making this a good choice as a pet water station.
I recommend the PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station:
- for health-conscious pet owners;
- for people with multiple pets;
- for pet owners who travel or need to leave their pets alone for long periods of time;
- for cat owners as they reap the greatest benefit of only having to change the water monthly if using the large water station.
- Note: I recommend the water station be used with the filter for one small cat/dog.
I do not recommend the PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station:
- for frail, elderly or handicapped persons;
- be used without the filter if using the large water station for one small pet.
- Note: I do not recommend the small water station for one medium or large dog as the owner will have to change the water daily. Similarly, I do not recommend the medium water station for one large dog for the same reason.