How Can Automatic Litter Boxes Help?
- Saving Time – The speed of life has changed over the past years to a faster pace way of living. People are working longer hours and families are trying to do the best to juggle the day-to-day tasks to keep up with their family and busy social lives. When it comes to owning a pet cat you have to deal with the extra responsibilities to feed them, brush their hair (if they have long haired coats) and frequently scoop their litter box so they don’t make a mess someplace else. All these tasks play a part in eating into your free time and that is why there is a more efficient way of automating the entire scoping process and freeing up your time for the more important things in life.
- Stop the smelly odor – Do you know the feeling of cat odor when it hits you as soon as you walk in through the front door, the foul cat odor stings your nose, the ringing reminder that you need to scoop and clean the litter pan. Even though the odor plays as a rude reminder of what task is yet to come, you need to deal with the lingering foul cat smell that has taken over your home. Unfortunately, there is no way of dealing with bad cat odor without diagnosing the root of the problem first, which is the mere side effect of having a litter box in your home in the first place. However, with the technology that self-cleaning litter boxes offer families around the world, you won’t behave an odor problem anymore.
- Hygiene – The first time you start using an automatic litter box you will immediately notice that you won’t be coming into contact with urine soaked and poo crusted cat litter anymore. You will no longer be breathing in harmful bacteria infested litter dust that your cat has left behind for you to deal with the unpleasant task of cleaning it up. Having an electric litter box takes care of everything for you, it will serve its purpose of cleaning itself and protecting your family and your pets from harmful bacteria that is known to grow in your cat’s litter waste box.
Hi My name is Angela Bronson I will be showcasing the best self-cleaning litter boxes rated based on my reviews with each unit as well as taking in the consideration of other user reviews from various other websites such as Amazon and user based forums, bringing you my top picks of the Top 5 best automatic cat litter boxes on the market. All system are rated on factors of easy to use by cats, odor control, cleaning performance, durability, and Convenience.
Litter Robot LRII & Litter Robot Open Air Reviews
Overview: We reviewed the Litter Robot 2 and Litter Robot III Open Air and with all the information that we compiled, the Litter Robot III is the litter box solution on the market and provides amazing value for money and here’s why:
The design of the litter robot’s impacts on how the unit’s self-cleaning process functions. The spherical shape also works like a hood to stop litter kicking and trailing, It automatically removes litter clumps by the spherical head rotating, filtering out all the dirty litter from the clean litter and disposing the waste into the waste receptacle which is conveniently placed at the base of the unit. The Litter Robot requires no additional branded supplies, it only requires premium self-clumping cat box and domestic household trash bags.
The whole idea of the unit is the convenience for cat owners, this is a set and forget self-cleaning litter box solution which requires no scooping or direct handling of cat waste, cat waste is disposed into the trash receptacle for easy bagging and disposal. The odor is not an issue with this automatic cat litter box as it is heavily equipped with a carbon filter to eliminate any offensive cat odor.
Easy to use for cats: 10/10 It is easy for most cats, however, it is not ideal for cats who are handicapped or ill
Odor control: 10/10 Odor is no issue with this unit, waste is handled immediately and disposed into the waste receptacle which is equipped with a heavy-duty carbon filter.
Cleaning performance: 10/10 The cleaning process lives up to its advertised expectations and does a fine job in separating dirty litter from the clean litter.
Durability: 10/10 The unit is made out of hard solid plastic which is rugged to withstand time.
Convenience: 10/10 The LR is a great hands-free cat lavatory solution which frees cat owners from ever having to manually scoop their pet’s feces again. It does require minimal maintenance, changing waste bags, and topping up litter.
Overall Rating 10/10
Get it Here before this Limited Time Offer Ends
Overview: The CatGenie is the most advanced cat tray on the market and its the only automatic solution that uses water as a key part of its cleaning process, it really is a fancy toilet for cats that flushes and cleans itself making it a dream come true to all cat owners everywhere.
- Automatic cat box flushes waste...
- Uses litter-like Washable Granules...
- Ideal for 1-2 & no more than 3 cats...
- Requires hookup to cold water and...
- Includes recyclable SaniSolution...
The Catgenie is currently the only self-flushing functional system on the market which uses reusable plastic granules as the regular clumping cat litter alternative, saving money on regular kitty litter. But what about germs? The CatGenie uses a biodegradable disinfectant solution during the automated cleaning process, washing the dirty granules clean and disinfecting the unit for your cats next use.
Easy to use for cats: 10/10 The Catgenie’s design is very practical to all domestic cats who are toilet trained, there is no difficult entry and exit points and there is a big enough space to cater to all kinds of cat, big or small.
Odor control: 10/10 There is virtually no odor
Cleaning performance: 10/10 The Catgenie is in a league of its own when it comes to the cleaning process, however, it does a great job and makes the Catgenie one of the most hygienic cat boxes around.
Durability: 9/10 Built with solid materials such as hard plastic and metal/aluminum the Catgenie is a heavy-duty unit.
Convenience: 10/10 This unit requires no manual scooping or cleaning, It really is a hands-free solution.
Overall Rating 10/10
Overview: The ScoopFree is the best automatic cat litter box for the price tag and is one of the leading rake operated cat boxes on the market, using blue crystal disposable litter trays which are designed to sponge up moisture, effectively cutting down on odor as soon as your cat does his/hers business.
- AUTOMATICALLY REMOVES WASTE: No...
- UNBEATABLE ODOR CONTROL: Crystal...
- NO MORE MESSY FLOORS: Low-tracking...
- LEAK PROTECTION: Disposable trays...
- EASY CLEANUP: Simply remove the...
The design is nothing foreign in comparison to an ordinary cat box which enables cats to easily warm up to their new ScoopFree toilet. The ScoopFree automatic litter box lives up to its name is one of the best hands-free rake operated litter pan solutions. As mentioned before odor is not an issue with this unit as it utilizes blue crystal litter along with the trash receptacle being fully equipped with it own carbon filters to further extinguish any bad odors.
Easy to use for cats: 9/10 A spacious and classic cat box design which enables cats to get used to their new cat box with ease.
Odor control: 8/10 Carbon filters and the use of the crystal pallets effectively cut down on any odors.
Cleaning performance: 7/10 The cleaning process lives up to its advertised functionality expectations of providing a Scoopfree solution.
Durability: 9/10 The unit has got a solid design and it has been boasted to have a powerful motor to rake out any difficult solids.
Convenience: 6/10 This is a good domestic solution if you are trying to avoid direct handling of cat waste, however, it’s not a completely automated solution and it does require some human interference to maintain the upkeep to maintain its optimal performance.
Overview: The SmartScoop Litter box is an all-around great cat box with a durable motor to handle stubborn waste. It requires no additional waste containers like the Litter Maid’s, plus it’s an effortless transition from an ordinary litter box to the Smartscoop due to its classic looking design.
- HANDS-FREE WASTE DISPOSAL:...
- MESS AND ODOR CONTROL: Automatic...
- CONVENIENT, EASY TO CLEAN,...
- QUIET: Four times quieter than...
- CUSTOMER CARE AND WARRANTY: USA...
The Smartscoop automatic litter box is yet another rake operated cat waste receptacle however it has been known to do a great job when removing feces and has twice as less motor noise than most of the other self-cleaning waste boxes on the market.
It has the capabilities of handling multiple cats and cats who are full-figured. The unit is seen to be a smart solution for all cat owners looking for a reliable and affordable litter pan which won’t cost them any extra on additional branded requirements, self-clumping litter is the only thing it needs in order to function at its optimal level.
Easy to use for cats: 10/10 A very spacious design which most cats will love immediately.
Cleaning performance: 7/10 The cleaning performance of the Smartscoop is on the same par as the LitterMaid except the SmartScoop runs more quietly. There are instances where feces is caught in the rake however as mentioned before this pron to happen with soft feces.
Odor control: 7/10 Carbon filters have been also equipped onto the Smartscoop to cut down on cat box odor effectively.
Durability: 6/10 The motor has seen to be more reliable than the popular LitterMaid series, its overall construction is made out of solid plastic which is built to last many users from all types of cats.
Convenience: 7/10 The LitterMaid is a good temporary solution for cat owners trying to distance themselves from scooping their pets waste pan the manual way, it is very convenient and works great.
Overall Rating 6/10
Overview The Littermaid ML980 Mega is one of the more popular entry-level rake operated cat boxes on the market. The unit is not quite as different from most of the other rake operated pet pans, however, it’s certainly the highest ranking affordable cat waste box on the market. The litter pan provides a spacious, high-walled, classic design in order to cater to multiple cats big and small.
- MULTI-CAT SELF-CLEANING LITTER BOX:...
- LOW MAINTENANCE: When used as...
- ODOR CONTROL: Once the rake removes...
- LITTER BOX DESIGN KEEPS AREA CLEAN:...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: 4 waste...
The high wall design is designed to stop litter from being kicked out of the sandbox, the LitterMaid also comes with an anti-trailing ramp which is meant to stop the common problem with litter training. The LM has the capabilities to house at least 1 week worth of litter before needing to be changed, the unit takes disposable trash containers however the Litter Maid provides reusable alternatives for people not looking to spend more on branded containers. The LitterMaid LM980 handles odor quite well and is reinforced with carbon filters to knock out offensive cat box odors.
Easy to use for cats: 9/10 A spacious high walled design to stop litter kicking cats from kicking litter.
Cleaning performance: 7/10 The cleaning performance of the unit is pretty good and lives up to its advertised capabilities, it is evident in most rack operated cat box that soft feces do not properly work with the rack system as feces can get caught in the rake.
Odor control: 7/10 Durable carbon filters have been implemented into the Litter Maid to stop all odor and odor leakage from the trash receptacle.
Durability: 4/10 The Littermaid has got a solid design, however, it has been reported that the motor can fail after a year of use, there are mixed reports about this topic.
Convenience: 7/10 The LitterMaid is a good temporary solution for cat owners trying to distance themselves from cleaning their pet box the manual way, it is very convenient and works great.
Overall Rating 7/10
An honorable mention: Omega Paw[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][/tdc_zone]