If you are wondering about cat hair vacuum cleaners then its a possibility that you have already reached that point of overwhelm with car hair.
I know you probably love everything about your adorable cats except for one: The fur they shed all over your house. Shedding fur is a part of life for cats and dogs. There is really not much you can do to avoid it, especially when you own a fluffy cat or short-haired cat.
However, this should not discourage you from having as many cats or dogs in the house as you would like. There are undoubtedly many ways to keep your home spick and span.
The one question that comes up often from the pet owners is, what is the best cat hair vacuum?
Removing pet hair is not particularly an easy task. Static electricity makes pet hair cling on fabric items like carpets and upholstery to the point it’s challenging to get rid of it.
Therefore, when looking for a pet hair vacuum cleaner, you will essentially want a machine that’s easy to use and effective at removing hair in every tight corner of your home.
There are many vacuum cleaners out there in the market. They include various special features to clean up every kind of mess and debris your pets leave behind. That said, the right one for you will depend on several factors.
For instance, you need to get a vacuum cleaner that suits your home floor plan. If you’re feeling fancy, you can go for the robotic vacuum cleaners that do almost all the work for you. Or perhaps, all you want is a machine that will get rid of hair, fur, and dust from your floors.
Pet vacuum vs Regular vacuum
What’s the difference between a regular vacuum vs a pet hair vacuum? Have you ever asked yourself what the need for a pet hair vacuum is?
Why not only use the regular vacuum cleaners we have at our homes?
It makes a lot of sense, right? Well,… not really. The cat hair vacuums and the regular vacuum cleaners work more or less the same way. The most important thing is usually a good suction.
But pet hair and fur is quite different and might pose a significant challenge getting rid of any trace of cat hair. The vacuum is designed in such a way that it removes hair more effectively than a regular vacuum cleaner would do.
Manufacturers have designed vacuum models with various unique features that make these machines worth it. In that case, a pet hair vacuum has a couple of advantages over the regular ones when it comes to cat hair removal. Remember, pet fur lands on everything around the home.
It’s not only the carpets that have to be cleaned. The fur gets on the upholstery too. Several pet hair vacuums include a special feature for cleaning upholstery. They also help with getting rid of the allergens in the home.
If you already have a regular vacuum cleaner, it’s advisable to get a pet hair vacuum cleaner for the purposes of removing fur and hair. Fur from cats and dogs alike easily sticks on carpets, upholstery and furniture. The typical vacuum cleaner might not do a good job. If you don’t want to really feel like you’re drowning in fur, a pet hair vacuum would be the right choice.
Buying guide for the best cat hair vacuum cleaner
You certainly won’t run out of choices regarding vacuum cleaners specifically designed for pet hair. There are hundreds if not thousands of them waiting in the market. But do they really work or will you be bamboozled with fuzzy claims?
Well, get all the right info right here!
There are a number of things to look for in pet hair vacuum cleaners around. Hopefully, these tips will help inform your decisions better. Here are the most essential factors to consider when buying a vacuum cleaner;
Your home flooring and carpet
A critical factor that will determine the type of vacuum to purchase is your floor surface mix. Is your floor made of hardwood or vinyl?
If there are hardwood floors or tiles in your home, pick a pet hair vacuum model specifically designed to clean these types of floors. A pet vacuum with good suction will be more effective at cleaning hardwood floors and tiles.
As for the carpet and rug areas, you will need to go for a vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush to pull out fur.
Pet fur tends to stick on carpets, and a rotating brush will be useful in efficiently removing it. Also, choose a model with adjustable height for versatility purposes. With this, you can vacuum different areas such as an area rug or a shaggy carpet.
Ease of use
Manoeuvrability is crucial when selecting the best vacuum cleaner for cat hair. Keep in mind; pet hair usually gets stuck in the hard to reach areas. As a result, cleaning becomes a tough challenge.
Look for a vacuum that manoeuvres the tough corners and hidden spots to clean out the mess effectively. For instance, an easy to use cat hair vacuum should be lightweight. This way, even when there are stairs, you can carry it up and down while cleaning. An extension hose will also be quite helpful, especially for reaching confined spaces.
The type of vacuum cleaner
When looking for the best pet vacuum, you need to decide which type will work best for you.
This depends on several factors like the amount of fur your pet sheds, the type of floors in your home and so on.
- Upright vacuum cleaners – The upright models are considered the easiest to use because you don’t have to bend over that much while cleaning. They also have various settings for use on carpets and floors like tiles and wood.
- Canisters – Canister vacuums are among the best for cleaning up pet fur on hard surfaces and carpets. They consist of a wide array of features for powerful pet hair cleaning capabilities.
- Robot vacuums – Robot vacuums basically do the hard work for you. The most you can really do is program it for best suction throughout the day while you go about your activities.
- Handheld vacuums – The handheld pet vacuum models usually are best suited to clean up small messes fast. For instance, you can use it to clean fur left balled up in a corner or in the car.
Bagged or bagless
Many of the models you will get in the market today are bagless. The key advantage of having a bagless vacuum cleaner is that you won’t incur extra expenses buying bags. On the other hand, the bagged vacuum cleaners are considered less messy and also less likely to trigger allergies. But, it all comes down to your own personal taste and preference.
A vacuum cleaner with HEPA filters is typically highly recommended for the people who suffer from allergies. But it won’t hurt to get a vacuum model with this feature even when you don’t necessarily suffer allergies.
What people might not know is that HEPA filters are designed to trap 99.9% of microns effectively. This means that a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filters will trap and remove pet hair, pet dander and other microscopic allergens hiding out in your carpet.
You can opt for a cheap vacuum cleaner, but you will indeed get what you paid for. It might work great at first but a few days later get clogged up with fur and ultimately stop functioning. In other words, you’ll be heading out to shop for a new machine sooner than later.
But that doesn’t mean you need a high-end vacuum cleaner with all the bells and whistles. Simply look for the features you will need the most like good suction.
The top 5 best Cat hair vacuums
A cat hair vacuum cleaner is a substantial investment. It’s that crucial tool that will help keep your living space as fur-free as humanly possible.
For that reason, you have to buy one that is best suited for both your particular needs and home. While there are endless options, these are among the top best vacuum cleaners for Cat Vacuum
This vacuum cleaner has a reputation for providing industrial strength cleaning. It offers the best in every category ranging from incredible suction to impeccable filtration properties.
This vacuum is specifically designed for homes with pets and basically tackles every type of floor surface like the hardwoods and carpets. The strong suction power removers all the dirt and microscopic allergens from your floor surfaces.
It comes with a turbine tool that not only rids your floors and furniture off pet hair, but it’s also tangle-free.
With its multiple head options, the cleaner adjusts itself automatically depending on the type of surface it’s rolling over. The HEPA filtration feature makes this machine suitable for people with pet allergies.
- Strongest suction of any vacuum;...
- Self-adjusting cleaner head seals...
- Tangle free turbine tool, stair...
- Whole-machine filtration ensures...
- Hygienically empty the bin with the...
- HEPA filtration feature that also makes it allergy-friendly
- Strong suction for better cleaning
- Versatile heads remove cat and dog hair from different surfaces
- Relatively expensive
Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Vacuum cleaner
If you’ve been looking for a vacuum cleaner that picks up dirt and pet hair effectively, the Eureka PowerSpeed has got you covered.
This vacuum cleaner has powerful suction from both the rotating brush and the hose when disconnected. What this means is that it will remove pet hair and dirt from all the nooks and crannies in the house.
Versatility is another factor you will love about this vacuum cleaner. The machine consists of five adjustment settings to enable it to work on various floor surfaces, including the high-pile carpets.
The hose extension is for cleaning the corners and areas the rotating brush can’t reach. It’s instrumental when cleaning stairs. This vacuum cleaner is lightweight, and this makes moving around easier during the cleaning sessions.
With that said, it’s important to empty the canister after every vacuuming to prevent fur from clogging the roller brushes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: This 10...
- POWERFUL MULTI-SURFACE VACUUM: With...
- EXTRA-LARGE DUST CUP: With an easy...
- GREAT FOR PET OWNERS: Includes a...
- ZERO MAINTENANCE COST: Washable...
- It has a strong and powerful suction
- Consists of an easy to clean dirt cup
- Five height adjustments settings suitable for different types of floor surfaces
- Lightweight body for easy movement when cleaning
- An awkward handle grip
- The canister requires regular cleaning to prevent it from being clogged
Miele Complete C3 pet cat and dog vacuum cleaner
If you’re feeling fancy and want something high-end, the Miele C3 vacuum cleaner would make for a good choice. It’s an expensive investment, but it would be worth the price.
This is among the top best vacuum cleaners for pet hair that you will probably ever find. It’s designed to outshine the cheaper models hands down.
The machine brings forth a sealed filtration system that removes pet hair, pet dander and dirt without leaving even a tiny trace behind. In addition to all that, it gets rid of pet odour as well.
Other features that make it stand out include a complete seal, 3D bumpers to protect your walls and furniture from marks and a sturdy vacuum head. You will appreciate the six-stage motor which you can adjust easily with a foot pedal.
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 GN...
- Lightweight, Quiet and Powerful...
- AirClean Sealed System Construction...
- Comes with Miele SEB-228 Powerhead...
- Comes with Miele SBB300-3 Parquet...
- It’s perfect for vacuuming various types of floor surfaces
- 3D bumper protects walls and furniture from any scuff marks
- Strong suction
- The machine filters cannot be washed and reused
- The bags are also not reusable
Shark Rocket Corded handheld vacuum
This model offers the best value if all you want is a small and straightforward pet hair vacuum cleaner.
Since it’s a handheld vacuum cleaner, it’s especially useful when cleaning up small messes quickly. It has a long enough power cord that stretches to allow you manoeuvre with ease while cleaning.
The brush is cleverly designed to tackle the crevices on furniture and other hard to reach areas. You can actually use it to remove pet hair on bare floors, upholstery and shorter carpets. However, it might not do an excellent job on the deep carpets.
- Portable and ultra-lightweight....
- True Pet Motorized Brush for...
- Easy-to-empty dust cup. No bag...
- 15-foot-long power cord You never...
- Powerful cleaning from start to...
- It’s beneficial for those quick cleanup situations
- Long power cord and stretch hose for easy manoeuvrability
- The cups should be emptied more often
iRobot Roomba e5 (5150) robot vacuum
This robot vacuum is basically a low-maintenance solution. The notable features include it can run on a full charge for at least 90 minutes, it connects to wifi, it’s cordless and bagless.
It’s compatible with the Google assistant services and once connected to the wifi; you can set up any of the desired voice commands.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL...
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique...
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR...
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite...
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt...
- Compatible with Google assistance services and Amazon echo
- Can last for at least 90 minutes on a full charge
- It’s relatively expensive
There are a lot of things to look for in a vacuum cleaner, but most importantly, it should effectively remove cat and dog hair and dander.