Like humans, pets need a shelter they can sleep away from the wind, rain and harsh summer sun. With this in mind, the pet house should be comfortable and easily accessible to them.
We’ve searched for the best outdoor pet houses you can provide to your cats and dogs. Take a pick from the list we’ve come up with.
For your feline friend, here are some of the best outdoor cat houses you can use:
The Kitty Tube Gen 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House
This outdoor cat house is highly-rated by pet owners for its durability and efficiency in providing shelter to their pets.
- The Kitty Tube Gen. 3 -Outdoor...
- Comes with awnings and removable...
- The Kitty Tube includes a custom,...
- The built in lifting handles can be...
- The Kitty Tube is environmentally...
- Includes a washable bed
- Insulation can be easily removed and cleaned
- Adjustable air vents
- Removable top lid
- Removable flap door
- Inside linings of the house is made of scratch-proof and moisture resistant materials
Pros: It has a roomy interior to fit in even large cats.
Cons: The door is a little small, making it difficult for big cats to enter.
K&H Pet Products Outdoor Kitty House
This simple and inexpensive outdoor cat house is very popular among pet owners. You can choose between a heated and unheated model for this product.
- Excellent for indoor or outdoor...
- Water resistant construction allows...
- Two exits with see through doors...
- Tool-free assembly and includes...
- Available heated or unheated and...
- It doesn’t require any tools to assemble
- Made from water-resistant materials
- Two exits available so that your pet won’t feel trapped
- Heated model needs to be plugged in to provide warmth
- Available in different colors
Pros: Very easy to assemble as it uses only uses zippers and Velcro straps.
Cons: Doesn’t provide enough warmth needed during the cold season.
3) Petmate Kitty Kat Condo
This waterproof pet house is made of quality plastic to prevent corrosion.
- PROTECTS FROM THE ELEMENTS: Pet...
- COMFORTABLE CARPET FOR YOUR CAT:...
- DISCOURAGES FLEAS AND MOLD: Outside...
- ASSEMBLY IS A SNAP: Petmate Kitty...
- PRIVATE INDOOR SPACE: Cat igloo can...
- Carpeted floor provides insulation and encourages scratching
- Dome-shaped roof efficiently deflects rainwater
- Lined with foam to increase insulation
Pros: It has a spacious entrance.
Cons: It’s a little tricky to assemble.
List of the best outdoor dog houses available in the market:
Suncast DH350 Dog House
This dog house is very popular among pet owners since it’s very easy to assemble. All you need is to snap the pieces together to use it.
- Attractive, safe, easy-to-assemble...
- Durable resin construction with...
- For dogs up to 100 pounds
- Easy snap-together assembly
- Includes vinyl doors and letters to...
- Made of durable resin that’s safe and non-toxic to your pets
- Crowned floor for increased durability
- Fits dogs weighing up to a hundred pounds
- Includes letters you can attach on top of the door to spell the name of your pet
Pros: Large enough to fit big dogs inside.
Cons: A bit flimsy because of its plastic structure.
Petsfit Dog House
This weather-proof dog house is available in different sizes to fit any dog size.
- INNER SIZE: 41.3"Lx25.8"Wx30"H with...
- Removable floor and hinged roof for...
- Slanted roof and groove design to...
- Raised floor and the plastic feet...
- Made from kiln dried cedar and...
- The roof can be opened and floor can be removed, making it easier to clean
- Adjustable feet height
- Removable door flap
- Comes with pre-drilled holes for easier assembly
Pros: It’s easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning.
Cons: Wood used for the dog house looks a little thin and flimsy.
Indigo with Microban
This heavy-duty, igloo-shaped dog house from Petmate can withstand any weather condition.
- PROTECTION YEAR-ROUND: Indigo dog...
- ROOF VENTILATION: Vents located on...
- SPACIOUS FOR DOGS OF ALL SIZES:...
- STAYS CLEANER LONGER: Microban...
- RAISED FLOORS: Floors of the...
- Made with Microban which prevents the growth of bacteria that spreads odor and stain
- Air vent encourages continuous airflow into the dog house
- Snap-together assembly
- Available in two sizes: large and extra-large
Pros: Very sturdy construction.
Cons: Expensive for a dog house.
The most important thing to consider in choosing an outdoor pet house is the comfort it provides to your pets.
When choosing a pet house, make sure it’s large enough to allow them to stand and change positions. However, it shouldn’t be too spacious as this will reduce the capacity of the shelter to lock in heat during the cold season.
The floor, roof, and walls of the pet house should all be lined with high-grade insulating materials. The insulation keeps the house cool during summer and warm during winter season.