For cat owners who are constantly on the go, the cat food dispensers will make life easier. With a dependable automated solution working for you at your home, you can feed the cats at the right time and not worry in case you’ll be out for the night for the next few days.
These systems are readily available and can be ordered online, but making a choice can be frustrating. We have done all the hard work for you and I am here to help you decide and make an informed decision with the help of my reviews comparing all the best feeders on the market.
10 Best Automatic Feeders For Dry Food
All the rage is on about the benefits of a dry cat food dispenser and how they can help pet owners with time and getting ahead of their cat health to prevent common issues like overeating cats, thieving cats as well as scheduling meals when you are not around. Simply, If getting a cat sitter or a neighbour to feed your furbaby is out of the question, then this is the next best solution.
There are many options on the market good and bad, here are a list of important points to consider before purchasing a product. Use this guide to save time.
- Stealing Cats – Stops your family of dogs and cats from breaking into the feeder to pig out on their daily meals in one session
- Scheduling Feeding – Set a timer to feed your pet at any moment of the day to ensure they get a fed at the right time
- Multi Meals – Scheduling multiple meals in 1 day or over the course of days.
- App Compatibility – Interface with the feeder to engage feeding times and even talk to your cat through the app when you are not around.
- Portion Control – Struggling with an overweight cat? Then the portion control will help you give the correct portions to your furbaby throughout the day to stop overeating.
Finally a more efficient way of feeding the cats with out worrying about your cats stealing food, the feeder jamming, insect crawling in, completely automated feeding function for 5 times a day feeding and programmable portion size that takes multiple kibble sizes without a hitch.
- 1 year warranty
- Portion your cats food and automate the feeding process
- 5 meals a day
- Less kibble jams
For tech geeks who love their pet or for people on the go…
The Gempet PF-103 is the perfect automatic cat food dispenser that incorporates smart assisting technology with you Android and iOS devices and turning your pets feeding time into an interactive experience with the use of Wifi connection and skype call technology.
- iOS and Android
- Customized food schedule times (max 4 meals a day)
- 1 Megapixal camera
- 2 way talk back capabilities and media recording capabilities
- Only dispenses dry food
Is Super an understatement?
If you are looking for a Super Feeder that can feed 2 cats at the same time, that can be left outside, protect the food from raccoons and other invaders and is backed with a 8 serving a day schedule along with backup memory then I think that is very super indeed.
- Portion sized meals (prevent weight gain and over eating)
- Feed 2 cats at once
- Thieving cats who love to steal food
- Has a web system
No products found.
Geeks of tech who love cats then you might what to look into this one
The Hoison, another smart feeder for IOS and Android users
The Hoison feeder is another amazing feeder for people on the go.
Track and plan your pets meals and use the APP for its profiling for the best dietary requirements for your pets so they dont over eat.
Interact with your pet using the 2 way audio and webcam system that helps you keep tabs on your beloved pet.
- iOS and Android
- Pet meal Profiling for weight management
- Minimum 30 grams per serving.
Petsafe allows pet owners the ability to program and schedule the cat’s feeding requirements. This will allow you to change the food portions, say a large portion for breakfast and a small amount of cat food for dinner. The smallest portion that can be prepared is 1/8 cup, and the largest is 4 cups of cat food. Meals can be programmed up to 12 times a day, and intervals between eating time. This automatic food dispenser is great for:
- Cat owners who are looking for food dispensers that are highly programmable
- Small and medium-sized pets
- Pets who want to smell their food before eating
- Pet owners who want to schedule multiple eating times, in varying amounts
The Lusmo cat feeder can be programmed to provide cat food up to 3 times a day, and each feeding time can feature a specific amount of cat food. The minimum serving is 1/6 cup, and a max food of 1 cup at a time. We recommend this automatic feeder for:
- Owners who like to schedule three feeding times a day
- Owners who plan to feed food pellets that measures 0.6′ in length
- Pet owners who want to keep the same feeding schedule for a week
- Cats who love to sneak and steal pellets from chute
No products found.
For smart-phone owners who love their cats, the PetNet will serve as an ideal pet dispenser. Just like the leading dispensers in the market, pet owners can assign varying portions that range from 0.5 ounce to 2 oz. The flexibility given by the dispenser will help owners customize the cats’ eating habits. Though the use of the application, feeding cycles can be arranged in advanced. This PetNet dispenser will definitely work for:
- Busy professionals who uses their smart phones to manage their busy lifestyles
- Owners with just one cat that needs to watch its food intake
- Professionals who have busy schedules who want to remotely monitor the activities of their cats
- Individuals who want to have a cat nutritionist working in the Apple apps
The BABADIO is another feeder system which has just entered the market and boasts its compatibility with serving wet and dry food for dogs and cats and comes with a monitor controller of it own (not using an Android/iOS app) and it a purely local based machine with out internet connectivity which offers a great price point.
- Serves wet and dry foods
- Battery powered
- Sleek design
- Voice message recording and calling system
- Great price for the features
No products found.
The Pet Station auto feeder is sleekly designed to fit any home decor, but this is not the only thing this feeder has to offer and is not just another high tech cat food dispenser that offers flexible meal scheduling along with a camera that can be access by Android and iOS devices.
Its called the new generation in cat food dispensing capabilities. This product is one of the newer models in the market that allows the pet owner to track the feeding time of the cats remotely through a built-in camera that can be used for Skype calls. Thanks to this camera, pet owners can take a snapshot of their cats while eating even of they are away. The Skype features of the unit can accommodate incoming and outgoing Skype calls making this dispenser as a great communication tool. The PetStation can be added into the mobile phone’s app library so you can automate the feeding cycles at any time even if you are miles away. It should be plugged into the AC/DC adapter for it to work.
- Stops cats who can steal food
- Run its own iOS and Android apps and connects online via skype
- 20 times a day feed scheduling
- Generous space for cat food to be supplied
PetPal is another WIFI powered feeder that offers feeding flexibility for its users.
Not only is the design something to brag about and would just about fit any home decor but this unit is not just a pretty little piece of home tech.
This pet feeder is designed for cat owners who are busy and need to manage their cats meal time without having to be present in the same room at their furry friend.
Thanks to the PetPals features and underlying benefits, you can monitor/schedule and even see your cat through the camera monitor which can be accessed from anywhere in the world through any Apple iOS device and Android device with their assisting apps.
- Customizable meal time schedule
- WIFI connectivity through the PetPal iOS and Android Apps
- LED lights for the camera
- Trendy design
With a sleek design and the features of an expensive cat food feeder for a very affordable price of $80, the Arf Pets automatic pet feeder has great value for money with simple functionality that gets the job done while looking after your pet’s diet with customizable scheduling and food portions.
The automatic cat food feeder is very suitable for small cats, but it doesn’t do very well with big dogs as the dry food dispenser can be easily knocked over but has an amazing magnet anti-steal system so cats cannot steam food.
- Customizable scheduling and food portions
- Works on batteries and power blog
Aside from pellets and other cat food that it will dispense, this pet feeder also can supply water to the cats thanks to the water station that’s linked to the feeder. This should work for both cats and dogs, and can handle up to 4.4lbs of solid food thanks to the inclusion of a transparent container. There’s also a voice recording system that can play an audio recording to inform the pets that you are still around and you are monitoring them. This is easy to assemble, and can work even without the water station. This dispenser is best for:
- Cats who love to eat
- Cats who feed on rounded food pellets, roughly 1/4′ in diameter
- Pets who need to work out their diet and need to eat twice a day, or for cats who needs to feed every 6 hours
The Cat Mate dry food dispenser can be programmed to feed the pets at any time even if you are not around. It can be calibrated to feed the cats thrice a day, with a minimum serving of 1/3 oz at a time. This food dispenser is powered by batteries. We recommend this dispenser for:
- Cats who feed on small-sized pellets, usually 1/2′ in diameter
- Pets who are comfortable with scheduled feeding time, twice a day
If you maintain a number of cats in the household, then the Wireless Whiskers can solve the feeding problems. Consider this as an intelligent pet feeder that works with a wireless tag that is worn by the pet. It features a system that can measure and manage the required food by the cats on a regular basis, serving each cat individually, with their own unique portions. We recommend this intelligent pet feeder for:
- Owners who want to control the cat’s food intake, using the Portion Control Feature
- Owners who own many cats and want to ensure that each cat will only have to eat its own portion
- Pet lovers who want their cats to reduce the food intake
This pet feeder is available in different sizes to meet the demands of cats and the need for different pellets. You can set the pet feeder to work up to 8 times a day, and each food portion can be managed as well. This should work for conscious pet owners who want to change the food requirements every day. It can work for:
- Owners who want to feed their pets up to 8 times daily, in varying portions
- Those who want to control the feeding cycle
- Households that own many cats
- Cats that need to lose weight
This Mota food dispenser can be programmed to dispense cat food portions thrice a day, and each portion has a minimum of 1/4 cup. To ensure easy programming, the dispenser features an LCD panel where the owner can customize the portions and schedule the feeding times. The unit is also easy to use with just three components that are easy to assemble. This Mota dispenser is suggested for:
- Cats who don’t have weight issues
- Pets who are disciplined, and will not fight for food
- For cat owners who want to feed 2 cats at a time
Aside from being an automatic and programmable pet feeder, the Toppets pet feeder can also be controlled and managed using an infrared remote control. The infrared remote control allows users to manage the dispenser even at a distance, roughly 32 to 39 feet on average.
There’s also a manual way of programming the feed dispenser using the same remote control. Use the remote control to schedule the next feeding cycles, which can range from one to 5 meals daily. Servings can also vary, from as little as 1/4 cup to 2 1/2 cups for large eaters. The dry food dispenser can also handle different sizes of kibbles, from 1/4 to 1/2′ in diameter. We think this pet feeder is best for:
- Multiple cat feeding
- Cat owners who want to use the dispenser every 8 or 10 hours
- Pet owners who doesn’t mind checking the hopper on a regular basis
This automatic cat food feeder works for a large household with multiple pets since it can handle up to 10lbs of solid food. It can be programmed to feed the cats up to 4 times daily, with serving sizes that range from 1/4 cup to 5 cups.
Cleaning the feeder is easy and safe for dishwasher use. The bowl can be removed from the unit, and it offers a transparent hopper thus allowing you to see the level of food. It even allows you to play an audio recording that will engage the cats and tell them to eat. There’s also a Sleep Mode available if you want a constant feeding cycle even if you are asleep. It is powered by 4D batteries, and there’s an indicator to tell you about battery status.
- Suitable for dogs and cats
- Programmable 4 servings a day
- Supersized food container storage 10 lbs. (or 4.5kg) of food
If you buy this automatic feeder, you can easily schedule feeding times up to three times every day. Consider this as a flexible solution when it comes to feeding your cats- you can decide on the time when the cat will be served breakfast, snack and lunch. You can also monitor their food intake since the portions can be customized, with the maximum 2 cups of solid food per feeding time. To clean the PetMate unit, simply remove the bowl and wash it with clean water.
No products found.
The Abdtech feeder system is another one of the more technological advanced feeders on the market that has made a name for itself sharing very similar capabilities to the notoriously high priced units at a fraction of the price.
However the price tag does impact the quality and performance of this unit which was a massive set back for this automatic cat food feeder, that being said it is a entry level feeder that may get the job done to your satisfaction.
- Wifi connectivity and online app
- Monitor your pets feeding schedule
- Large food storage
This is the latest Mota pet feeder in the market, which can now be programmed to feed your cats up to 6 times daily. The servings can be customized, with a maximum serving of 6 1/3 cup per serve. This is great for pet owners who want to vary the food intake of their pets. The hopper is designed to be transparent so you can easily check out the food level and its large capacity can handle up to 7lbs of solid food.
For easy monitoring, this Mota dry food dispenser features an LCD screen where you can check out the time and the scheduled meals. You can also use the built-in microphone in case you want to record your voice telling the cats to enjoy their food. Use this automatic pet feeder if:
- You want to feed dogs or 2 cats
Manual Cat Food Dispensers
This manual pet feeder features a knob that should be turned to start the feeding time. There’s no need to scoop or measure the food portions. The container can handle up to 10lbs of dry cat food, depending on the size or diameter. This food dispenser is ideal for:
- Cat owners who don’t want to measure food portions and pour the food into the bowl
- Owners who want to feed a number of cats with specific portions
- Individuals who want to control that amount of food taken by their cats
Cat Food Gravity Dispensers
This unit features the gravity food system, and comes with a stainless steel bowl that can be removed for cleaning. This will simplify the tasks of feeding the cats since you no longer need to pour their food into the bowl. This feeder should work for:
- Cats who are disciplined enough
- Pet owners who own many cats, and these are not on diet
- Cats that have developed allergic reactions to plastic materials
This feeder and waterer combo is durable and offers great stability. This unit also works using gravity, which means no timers are used. This Bergan Petite feeder is best for:
- Individuals who want to feed and supply water to 2 cats
- Pets that do not follow a specific feeding time
- Individuals who will use this indoors, and will not expose the unit to changing weather
- Cats that are not on strict diet
This food dispenser should work for pet owners who are constantly traveling. There’s a snap-on lid and rotating bowl that can be easily shut once the cats have finished eating their meals. Since the unit can be closed easily, it can keep the food fresh and free from contamination. The unit features a handle which allows the unit to be carried anywhere without having to worry about spilled cat food. This travel unit is best for:
- Pet owners who are always on the go
- Smaller-sized cats that are not crazy about their food
With this unit, you will no longer refill the bowl with food. The unit can handle up to 18lbs of dry cat food, thus will serve as a great investment for households with many cats. The design includes recessed handle area that allows for convenient handling especially when transferring the unit. This is also environment-friendly with a polished design.
No products found.
This is another unit that works using gravity, thus providing a steady supply of food for cats. It features a transparent hopper which makes it possible to constantly check the contents of the unit. The bottle is manufactured from PET plastic, and done in a tasteful design. The base and lid can be taken out, and can be washed using the dishwasher. This unit will work for:
- Households with just one cat
- Highly active cats who love to roam outdoors and indoors
- Cats who want free feeding
- Owners who like to constantly check the contents of the unit
- Owners who have smart cats that tries to open the lid for food
We have created this website and online resource to help you feed your cats in style and in the most convenient manner. We hope that by reading our reviews and resources, we helped you make your life easier. Expect more reviews to be included in this site soon, and we will expand our product coverage to include elevated cat feeders, litter boxes and cat food.
Watch out for more reviews covering more products to help you become an informed buyer!