The Cat Mate Pet Water Fountain is an electric auto-feeder with a three-tiered system that provides fresh running water to your cats. Despite the name dogs benefit from this fountain too. The multi-level design makes it suitable for animals of different sizes and allows more than one pet to drink water at the same time. Your pet can choose the level it feels most comfortable drinking at.
The Cat Mate utilizes a polymer-carbon filter providing your pet with clean fresh water all day long. The cord is long enough to allow you ease of placement and the design of the device makes it easy to fit into corners.
The fountain has an attractive and somewhat playful design. The trickling of water may bring out your car’s playful side as they may paw at the flowing water.
The bowls are made of hard plastic and are dishwasher safe and easy to clean. The speed of the flow of water can be adjusted. As this is an electric feeder you can hear it working but this device is a lot quieter than most electric feeders thanks to its isolated pump system. A special clamp prevents motor vibration contributing to the overall quietness of the device.
Cat Mate Water Fountain Features
- Uses an Isolated Pump System
- Polymer-carbon filter
- 10 ft. cord
- Various speed options
- Dishwasher safe
- 2 liter capacity
- Lightweight: 1kg
- 3 year guarantee
- Product dimensions: 6.8 x 10.5 x 8.8 inches
How to use the Cat Mate System
The Cat Mate Water Fountain has a removable top. It can be filled with water in two ways. You can unplug the fountain from the cord and carry it to the sink or you can simply use a jug to top it up. The top of the fountain lifts off easily exposing the filter and pump underneath. All areas of the device are easily accessible for cleaning. This makes the changing of the filter easy as well.
Once the device is filled with water and the filter and pump are in place, simply plug the device in. Water is pumped up into the first bowl on the top tier and then flows down into the second and third via ramps. These ramps prevent the splashing of water.
Out Tips and Customer Tips
- Cleaning the pump with a pipe cleaner extend its life and reduces noise. Submerging it in soapy water with a bit of added vinegar helps too.
- Keeping the water level high reduces noise.
- The walls of the bowl can become slimy if not cleaned regularly.
- In areas with hard water there will be a build-up of limescale on the plastic which then gets scratches if scrubbed too hard. Limescale attracts bacteria which will negatively impact your pet’s health.
- It can be used without the filter if you use filtered water.
- If you think your pump is broken try giving the impeller in the pump a nudge to get it going again.
I’d recommend it for:
- one to two cats or a small dog;
- nervous cats as it’s very quiet; and
- as a short-term automatic feeding solution.
I would not recommend it for:
- pet owners who want long-term use out of their pet’s water feeder;
- pet owners who live in areas with hard water;
- large dogs as the device is not sturdy enough and may be knocked over.
Get the cheapest price on the Cat Mate Water Fountain
My Conclusions on the Cat Mate Cat Fountain
The Cat Mate Water Fountain is a cost-effective way to provide your cats (or dog) with fresh, cool free-flowing water all day long. It engages both sound and sight to entice your pet to drink from the fountain. The sound of the flowing water has a calming effect on some pets who may sit still and watch the water flow. Overall, a good product.
If you are looking for the best deal on the Cat Mate then click below to get the best price on the internet. No other pet store will be able to match it.