You can now skype your pet…
The GemPet SmartFeeder is an automatic pet feeder with a unique of app technology twist:
This is a feeder that will allow you to connect to the feeder while you are away and monitor your pets feeding schedule and works with:
- iOS devices
The app is completely free and allows you to see and talk to your cat or dog from the power of your phone and an internet connection allow users to record video and take photos of their pets as well as get instant notifications if the feeder is running low on food.
Along with is smart connection capabilities it also comes with a smart way for feeding your cat where you can completely customize your cats meal schedule from your phone and can accommodate up to 4 programmable feeding times and portions which will feed you cat on autopilot.
The free app connects to the Wi-Fi network in your home, and you control the system through the free app.
When it’s time for a meal the unit will initiate the feeding process and will shoot kibbles into the tray for your pet to enjoy.
No products found.
- One megapixel camera with 120′ viewing capabilities.
- Program up to 4 serving meal times a day
- Settable meal portions ranging from thirty to one hundred grams.
- Easy to clean food tray
- Deters stealing cats
- The receptacle can hold up to 4.3L.
- Small kibble sizes
- Hopper held weight: 5kg.
Setup the Gempet iOS and Android App
- Download the free app onto your Android, tablet, or iOS device
- Connect to home wifi (home wifi must be on all times for it to work)
- Create a profile for your pet and it will ask you a bunch of questions about your cat or dog.
- Schedule food times by clicking the ‘+’ sign you can select when you want to schedule feedings, and your preferred portions.
Override Feeding times
If in an instance you need to override and meal time then you can use the ‘enable/disable’ option in the app.
Photos and Video
Click on the main menu and select one of the following options:
- ‘Snapshot’ to take photos,
- ‘Video’ to record video,
- ‘Speak’ to talk over a video call connection to your pet,
Play back media
- ‘Fold’ to play videos
- ‘Listening’ when you want to hear your pet in real-time
- ‘Gallery’ to view the pictures you’ve taken.
Your pet’s feeding information will be stored in a chart that displays daily food consumption.
No products found.
If you’re a busy pet parent who worries about their furry friend when they’re away, this could be the solution for you.
Although it can be unreliable with kibbles jamming the unit and if the wifi goes down then it might be a hassle to connect.
Overall, the GemPet SmartFeeder is great value for money and is well suited to tech geeks who love to stay connected and stay connected with their pet.