The Lusmo Automatic Pet Feeder is not just an attractive and highly portable unit, but also one that’s easy to program to meet the specific needs and diet of the cats.
With this unit, you can program up to 3 meal times, and each meal can have different portions.
Food portions can range from a small 1/16 cup of dry food, and can be increased by one cup at a time.
If for the first time you program the unit to deliver meals three times a day within the day, this schedule will be repeated the next day.
This makes the Lusmo unit a convenient and helpful partner in keeping your pets satisfied.
Also, the LCD panel of the feeder is positioned on top of the Lusmo, thus making it easier for pet owners to program the eating cycles.
There are only three buttons available, and these are easy to understand and operate.
Users can also choose a manual feed by pushing a button.
This is a helpful feature when the pet owners want to feed the cats in between the programmed meal time.
The hopper can accommodate up to 2.2 lbs of dry cat food, and on average, the cat feeder can store up to 10 days’ worth of supply for an adult cat.
This storage capacity will vary depending on the size and shape of the kibbles.
The unit also comes with a secure covering that can prevent your cat from taking out food outside the feeding schedule.
- Comes in modern and colorful design
- Portions vary, and starts from 0.5 oz of kibbles up to 240 cc, and you can increase the amount of kibble by 1/16 cup at a time
- Comes with a 24-hour LCD clock monitoring
- Hopper can accommodate up 2.2 lbs worth of kibbles
- Features a protective guard or cover
- Internal parts and components of the unit are removable and washable
- Measures 14.2′ L x 8.9′ W and 13.4′ H
- Compact weight at 3.3 lbs
- Made from ABS resin and PC resin for lid and Polypropylene for bowl
- Powered by 4 D-sized alkaline batteries
- Backed by a 12-month manufacturer warranty
How the Lusmo dispenser Works
What makes the Lusmo Feeder works is the presence of a rotating material made from durable plastic that is found at the unit’s bottom.
This dispensing system moves the kibbles from the chamber into the unit’s food dish.
Both the hopper and the bowl are detachable.
Meals are preset for 3 meals daily, and this can be programmed at any time of the day.
Feeding portions are categorized in different settings, from F00 to F16.
If you choose F00, this means that no feeding is scheduled, and selected if your cat wants to jump one meal, or feed your pets just twice a day.
The minimum amount of kibbles is 1/16 cup, and this corresponds to F01.
This means that each step in the settings corresponds to a 1/16 cup kibble increments.
So if you choose F01, it means that you feed your pet 1/8 cup, and F03 means that your pet cat will receive 3/16 cup and so on.
Notes on feeding: Keep in mind that the accuracy of the programmed settings may vary depending on the size and shape of kibbles.
Keep in mind that this Lusmo unit will not work with kibbles that are more than 0.6′ in length to preserve the working integrity of the food dispenser.
There is an On and Off power switch that can used to stop the operations of the unit.
Just remember that the programmed settings will remain even if the unit has been turned OFF.
Only alkaline batteries can work with the unit, and the rechargeable ones will not make the Lusmo works.
You can refer to the LED screen to find out the battery status.
If you are too busy with work and don’t have time to constantly check the LCD screen for battery status, you may check out the Petnet Smartfeeder.
- Comes in three cute and modern colors
- Allows pet owners to customize the meal portions depending on the needs of the pets
- Mealtimes can be set at different times
- Hopper offers better storage, and on average, a full supply can lasts for 10 days
- Designed with a cute ear handle for easy transportation
- Lockable cover
- Clear and easy-to-read LCD screen to monitor time and battery status
- ON-OFF to stop the operations of the feeder
- Limits meals up to 3 times a day
- The unit will not work with all types of kibbles, especially longer ones
- Not dishwasher safe
- Only works with alkaline batteries
- You may need to bend the battery prongs just to make some batteries work
- Some users and customers who ordered the unit complained about the poor performance of batteries on the unit
Tips on How to Use the Lusmo Automatic Feeder
Position the feeder in areas where there will be no contact with water, like the kitchen.
You may need to bend the prongs that will hold the batteries just to ensure the operations of the feeder.
Also, you should measure the amount of food that goes into the hopper so you can get the right amount of food for your cats.
I recommended unit if:
- you want to feed your cats 3 times a day
- you have other pets that are playful
- you have the same 3-meal time schedule for cats in a week
I do not recommend if:
- you need to feed your cats more than 3 times a day
- you need to feed your cats with kibbles that are longer than 0.6′
- you don’t want too much expense associated with alkaline batteries
- you want a 7-day digital timer
- you want a unit that can also work with an AC adapter
My Thoughts on the Lusmo Feeder
First sold in Japan, customers can now find the Lusmo Automatic Feeder in the US market in most recognized retailers.
What makes the unit interesting is the availability of modern design, and it comes in at least three colors.
The unit is not flexible, and will not allow you to schedule more than 3 meals daily.
You will need to repeat the same program every day, thus will not allow you to schedule a custom feeding schedule for the rest of the week.
This comes with a protective mechanism that can prevent other cats from taking the food.
Based on these pros and cons.