Nowadays feeding a pet is no longer as difficult as it once was.
This is largely because of the vast availability of automatic pet feeders that function differently from one another.
One of the popular units available in the market is the MOTA Perfect Dinner system, an easy to use a device that can help you feed your furry friend while you’re away for work or an out of town trip.
Compared to other automatic food dispenser products available in the market, the MOTA Perfect Dinner allows you to program the system up to 6 times a day.
Each serving can be customized from 1/3 cup up to 6 1/3 cups.
This particular feature of the pet feeder lets you be in full control of your pet’s food intake.
By programming your cat’s meals, you can keep him within his ideal weight and also meet his nutritional needs.
Upon purchasing the MOTA Perfect Dinner cat feeder, you’ll see that it comes with a user-friendly interface.
There’s a large LCD screen where you can program your pet’s meals, meal sizes, meal schedule, and meals served.
You can use this screen to keep track of your pet’s feeding schedule as well as his diet.
In addition to the LCD screen, the pet feeder comes with a hopper where you can store up to 7 lbs of pet kibble.
Since the hopper is transparent, you can easily keep track of how much food is left in the container before you refill it.
Another feature available on the MOTA is the built-in microphone.
Using this, you can record a custom message or your call-to-eat voice so that your pet will know when it’s time to eat.
The appliance makes use of 3D size batteries that can last a total of 6 months.
- It comes with a large LCD screen so you can easily program your pet’s meal size and serving time
- Meal size can be adjusted from 1/3 cup to 6 1/3 cups for every meal
- Meal sizes can be programmed to dispense at specific times
- Comes with portion control feature so you can control your pet’s dietary needs and weight
- Removable bowl allows easy cleaning and storage
- Hopper can hold up to 7lbs of pet food
- Powered by 3 D size batteries that can last 6 months
- AC Adapter can also be used instead of batteries
- Comes built-in microphone so you can record a message to call your pet to eat
- Comes with one year limited warranty
Mota Feeder Specifications:
Dimensions: 15.25 x 8.6 x 15.2 inches
Body Size: 7.1 x 7.8 x 8.3 inches
Bowl Diameter: 7.87 inches
Bowl Height: 2.55 inches
Body Material: ABS
Bowl Material: PET
How the MOTA Perfect Dinner Works:
After assembly and filling the hopper with pet kibble, you can proceed to setting up the schedule to feed your pet.
Based on your schedule, the unit will dispense food via the horizontal impeller.
This part of the unit comes with robust silicon teeth that allows food to be released onto the plastic bowl.
The impeller can be found near the slot of the unit.
Because of its size, however, it does not work particularly well with very small flat pet food as it isn’t very accurate.
If you decide to record your call to eat message for your pet, the unit will play a recording of your custom message before a meal is served.
While the unit’s main source of power is its 3 D battery, it can be used with a DC 5V (1.0a) AC Adapter.
The output current needs to be 1 Amp while the input is 0.15 Amp.
- Can be assembled easily
- Has a large LCD for easy viewing
- No fuss programming
- Can dispense up to 6 meals each day
- Meal sizes can be customized
- Portion counter feature allows you to monitor if your pet has already eaten
- Plastic bowl can be removed and cleaned
- Plastic bowl is large enough for two pets to eat together
- Unit is made from sturdy material
- Hopper has a secure lid
- Hopper can hold 7lbs
- Comes with voice recorder
- No AC Adapter or battery included
- Minimum 1/3 cup portion may be too big for small kibble
- Can’t switch off loud beeping noise during programming
- Pet may get extra kibble from its chute
- LCD display has a faded view from an angle
- No button for manual feeding option
- Lack good instructions
There are some flaws on the MOTA Perfect Dinner as it may be too big for one cat and that the minimum portion may also be too much for just one cat.
It is recommended to get the newest MOTA Pet food dispenser as this has already been modified with some improvements.
The Feed and Go Automatic Pet Feeder was one of my favourites to review | For more connectability with your pet, read the Abdtech SmartFeeder review