The Petsafe Drinkwell Ceramic Pagoda Pet Fountain is one of the best choices for cats that are allergic to plastic materials.
The fountain can hold up to 70 ounces of water, which remains fresh and circulating.
It makes use of a charcoal filter that can be replaced to eradicate bad taste and smell in the fountain.
Pet owners will also love the idea that this is easy to clean and maintain.
The Pagoda fountain has a single filter ready for set-up once purchased.
And the design and style of this fountain will certainly look good at home.
This fountain consists of lower and upper dishes, giving your pet two areas to drink from.
The dual-free-falling stream of this fountain makes drinking water fun and entertaining for your cats.
And there’s no need to worry about the quality of water since it is always cool and fresh.
Petsafe Drinkwell Ceramic Pagoda Features
- Can hold 70 ounces of water
- Charcoal filter keeps the unit free from unwanted smell and taste, while keeping the water cool and fresh
- The pump is protected by the foam pre-filter
- Made of porcelain design, making it hygienic and easier to clean
- Free-falling streams are dual-patented, keeping the water aerated to maintain coolness and freshness
- The unit is dishwasher-safe, especially the ceramic parts
- Has lower and upper dishes allowing pets to choose from two drinking areas
- Single charcoal filter available for initial setup
- Operates silently with its safe and submersible pump
- Uses low-voltage 12-volt system
- Weighs 3.2 pounds
- Product dimensions: 10.6 x 8.4 x 12.2
Specs of the Petsafe
- Ceramic dish and piece
- Submersible pump under the center piece
- Pump surrounded by foam pre-filter
- Filter holder has a cap
- Replaceable charcoal filter
- Small rubber that covers the pump cord, and passes through the bottom part of the fountain that prevents water leaks
- An adapter
- Detachable cord allowing you to unplug the fountain without taking the plug on the wall socket
- Easy to refill
- Motor gets silent when it is full of water
- Easy assembling with detailed instructions
- The unit is easy to clean because it is made from ceramics. Removal of pet hair or dirt is done easily.
- Has charcoal filter that reduces bad odors and smell
- Pump is protected by the pre-filter
- Easy replacement of filters
- Slime growth is limited
- The unit stays clean longer compared to others
- Two optional areas where pets can drink from
- Easy removal and washing of pump
- Two streams allow two cats to drink water at the same time
- Great study design of the fountain
- The unit has been approved by the safety testing company
- Sound of waterfall and splashing can be relaxing to others
- Detachable cord for unplugging the unit
- Best for cats allergic to plastic
- There is no need to bend over to drink water
- Though the motor is silent, it creates an irritating sound when water is at low level. You may need to refill it to get rid of the noise.
- Lesser capacity of water compared to other fountains
- Has single speed setting for its motor
- Hand washing is still recommended even if the unit is dishwasher-safe.
- Charcoal filter has to be replaced every two to four weeks, while the foam filter should be replaced every four to eight weeks
- It has a narrow bottom area so the cats may choose to drink from the stream or upper dish.
- It has no additional water reservoir
- It is fragile just like another ceramic device
Feedback from Customers Who Have Used the Pagoda Fountain
If splashing sound of water is good to you, then the water should be on medium level.
However, if you wish to reduce the noise, the water level should be higher.
The fountain should be cleansed deeply, while the water has to be replaced at least every four days.
This is done to avoid charcoal filter from generating slime.
When slime develops, it may affect the operation of the pump.
For better performance, it is recommended to use filtered water.
In order for your cat to easily like and use the unit, it is recommended to introduce this system in the most creative way.
The fountain should always be kept full to keep it operating properly.
Maintain the water level not lower than an inch below the mark at the reservoir.
Take note that the fountain has a few plastic components, while the other major parts are all ceramics.
Get the Cheapest Price on the Petsafe Drinkwell Ceramic Pagoda Pet Fountain
Pagoda Pet Fountain is a good choice as it remains clean longer compared to other plastic pet fountain.
The filter housing and pump of this fountain are plastic, but the major parts are made from ceramic.
This is ideal for pets with chin acne.
Also, many users suggest that future owners should pay attention to the condition of the pump.
This fountain is an excellent choice for pets that prefer drinking water from faucets, and if they find it comfortable to drink from falling water.
As the Pagoda fountain creates the loud splashing sound of water, it may be good if you find the sound more relaxing.
The size of Pagoda fountain might seem a bit small if used for more than two cats.
It is also possible to use it for three cats, but cleaning the pump more often is necessary.
This Ceramic Pagoda Fountain is best for:
- Single or two cats
- Cats that prefer drinking water from faucets or falling stream
- Cats with chin acne
- Cats that need increased amount of water
- Cats that don’t mind noises
- Cats that like splashing sounds of water
This Pagoda fountain may not be suited:
- To be used for more than two cats
- If you do not want a daily cleaning routine
- For cats that do not like to drink water from waterfalls
- For cats that easily get nervous or annoyed by noises
- For cat owners aiming to have a quiet fountain
- If you do not want to buy and replace filters
Main Page | Go back to the Zen Fountain | Read about the KURMA