The Twist ‘n Treat food dispenser is a disc-shaped toy with openings on the side to randomly let treats out.
Each half has a slight protrusion at the center, making it look more like a UFO.
This shape allows it to wobble around when tipped by your cat.
Food can be placed inside the toy by twisting the discs apart.
Just put dry treats in and twist them back together.
The side openings can be adjusted by twisting the discs tighter together.
The smaller the openings, the harder it is for treats to come out.
This toy stimulates mental and physical activity, encouraging them to tip the toy and push it around to get their favorite treats.
The difficulty of getting the food out slows down their feeding pace, avoiding instances of overeating.
PetSafe Features Cat Toy
- Twisting the toy adjusts the openings and changes its level of difficulty
- Toy can hold up to ‘ cup of food
- Made of hard, non-toxic plastic for rough play
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.8 x 2.5 x 2.8 in
- Weighs approximately .8oz
- Encourages your cats to eat in a slower pace
- Suitable for most sizes of dry treats
- Stimulates your cats to work for their food
- Takes more effort to get the food out the longer your cat plays with it
- Keeps them busy during snack time
- The difficulty level is easy to adjust
- Suitable for cats of all ages
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Made of non-toxic plastic materials
- Cheap for a cat toy
- Should be placed only on hard surfaces
- The screw mechanism that puts the toy together may loosen or tighten as your cats play with it
Tips for the Petsafe Treat Kibble
- Use smaller treats so it’d be easier for food to come out of the toy
- Put it on a hard surface. Carpets and other uneven, soft surfaces will cushion the toy’s wobbling action, preventing food from getting out effectively
- Just like with anything else, putting catnip inside will make your cats crazy for it
The Twist ‘n Treat is suitable for cats of all ages and can be used by beginner cats and kittens.
It’s simple and straightforward reward system makes it easier for cats to understand.
This can also be used to slow down your cats’ eating pace which is ideal if you want to put them on a diet.
The challenge the toy poses is really easy and may not be recommended for highly-intelligent cats.
However, this feature makes it easier for most cats to appreciate, so you won’t have problems teaching your cats what it is for.