Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Raindrop Design Pet Fountain provides a two-way drinking feature for our pets.
Cats can drink at the bottom part or from the top most part of the fountain where water comes from. The unit can hold up to 60 ounces of water, which is equivalent to 1.77 liters.
The unique design and style of this pet fountain helps avoid splashing, and promotes a convenient way for cats to drink water. It also offers a moving water area where cats can drink. Some cats prefer licking the slide part of this unit, which should make water drinking fun for your pets. Since they are more motivated to drink water, you no longer have to worry about cat dehydration.
The Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Raindrop Design Pet Fountain is a dishwasher-safe unit, and easy to clean. Its pump ensures that circulation and oxygenation of water are consistent, ensuring fresh and clean water every time. The unit also uses charcoal filters which can be replaced if necessary. A charcoal filter cleanses and purifies the water from hair and debris.
Pioneer Pet Fountain Features
- Has a capacity of 1.77 liters of water
- Product Dimensions: 4.25 inches in height x 9.75 inches in width x 11.75 inches in length
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
- Optimal cleanliness is maintained as the water stream washes the bowl continuously
- The unit is made from stainless steel
- Charcoal filter purifies the water
- Applies to low and safe voltage
- Electric pump and charcoal filter is held by its patent -pending design
- Uses 1.82 meter long power cord
- Entices cats to drink water with its re-circulating and moving water
- Easy-to- clean stainless steel and, it is dishwasher-safe
Parts of the Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Raindrop Design Pet Fountain
The fountain has three parts, including the bottom and top part of the fountain and the pump and housing. The housing is a plastic clam-shell filtration case wherein the small carbon filter is stored.
How this Product Works
Water runs from the top part, goes through a slide to drop and finally reaches the bottom part. Cats can lick the fountain’s slide area, drink at the bottom part or drink from the top. The design of the unit uses a charcoal filter, which can be found in the pump’s housing area.
How to Clean the Unit
To start the cleaning process, unplug first the pet fountain. Disassemble the unit by removing the top part, and take off the plastic housing from the bottom part. Then, remove the pump from the housing and scrub it. It is also a good idea to leave the parts in vinegar for a few minutes. After soaking the parts, you can rinse these with clean tap water, and allow the parts to try.
Pros and Cons of the Pioneer Rain Drop Design
Feedback from Customers Who Have Used the Fountain
- It is essential to clean the unit weekly
- Always keep the fountain refilled with water
Assembling Stainless Steel Raindrop Pet Fountain
The unit requires deep cleaning and you need to disassemble it every two weeks to ensure that the pump is still operating well. Videos on YouTube can serve as a guide on to how to disassemble and clean the unit. When cleaning the unit, spray vinegar on all parts, rinse with clean water and wipe them dry.
Vinegar removes hard water stains before they get too attached to the unit. Assembling the unit requires proper alignment of the three pump elements. Pump spout must match up with holding spout. Holding spout should be lined up with the top part hole. Also, do not forget to place mat underneath the unit.
My Conclusion on the Raindrop Pet Fountain
Pioneer Stainless Steel Raindrop Design Pet Water Fountain functions perfectly as advertised. It offers fresh and circulating water with varied areas to drink from. This pet fountain gets higher ratings over its ceramic version. However, just like any other automatic fountain, proper maintenance, which includes refilling, disassembling, deep cleaning and changing filters is needed.
For new users of Pioneer Stainless Steel Raindrop Design Pet Water Fountain, the normal routine with this unit are the following:
- Pour water in the fountain every day
- Deep cleaning of the unit, especially the pump every two weeks
- Changing the charcoal filters every three weeks
This unit is a bit noisier compared to the Pioneer Big Max version. It creates a humming sound that gets louder when the water level runs low, and the unit needs to be re-filled. Your cats that are not familiar with this product will find the unit terrifying. But other cats can immediately start drinking from the pet fountain.
The Pioneer fountain can accommodate up to two cats who will drink at the same time. If more than three cats will drink from the unit, the area will become messy.
This water fountain recommended for:
- Cats that are comfortable in using a fountain to drink water
- Cats that need increased water intake
- Cats that are allergic to plastic
- Cat owners who are willing to conduct periodic maintenance on the unit, as well as replacing filters
This unit is is not suited:
- For two or more cats with no other fountain as complementary source
- For cats that are easily irritated by noisy objects
- For cat owners who do not have time to clean the unit, and refill the fountain with water