There are a number of different pet feeder products available in the market today. But if you’re looking for one that’s automatic and programmable, the Qpets AF 200 is one product you should consider. Compared to the other food dispenser systems products in the market, Qpets is suitable for just about any size of pet you have.
As a programmable pet feeder, Qpets AF 200 has the ability to dispense as little as 1/4 cup up to 5 cups every feeding time. It can even feed your pet up to 4 times per day as it gets to store up to 10lbs. of dry pet food at a time. Thanks to a transparent food container, it is easy to see when a new batch of dry pet food is needed to be added onto the container so it never runs out of kibble.
One of the features of the Qpets AF 200 is that it has a built-in voice recorder and speaker. This enables you to record your voice so that your dog or cat knows when it’s time for him to eat.
The cat food dispenser operates on 4-D batteries, which is roughly about 6 months of battery life.
- Can hold up to 10 lbs. (or 4.5kg) of food
- Can dispense dog food by as little as 1/4 cup or as much as 5 cups per meal
- Can serve up to 4 meals per day
- Has a built-in microphone and speaker to record customized messages
- Can be used on any pet size
- Has a removable bowl and a dishwasher safe top rack
- Operates on 4-D batteries that can last as much as 6 months
- Has a low battery indicator
- Limited manufacturer warranty covers the pet feeder for a year
- Dimensions: 15x9x17 inches
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Color: Black
- Packing: 4 PC/s case
How It Operates
In order to operate the unit, the first thing that needs to be done is to fill the hopper with dry food. Ensure that the lid has been screwed on tightly before programming the unit. Using the control panel, you can choose when you would like to schedule your pet’s meals for the day, using half hour increments (ex. 9:30, 12:30, 15:30). Its clock makes use of the 24-hour format so make sure you are setting the clock properly without the am/pm format. You can set the Qpets food dispenser up to 4 meals per day.
It is possible to program the unit to dispense food every day or a specific number of days between 1 and 99. By default, the Qpets dispenses 1/4 cup of food. Since the feeder counts 1 cup as 1/4 cup, it is advisable to program meal sizes by cups. This way, the meal size may be increased in increments of 1/4 cups.
Since there are some pet foods that come in different shapes, the Qpets AF 200 comes with a 1-inch horizontal screw shaped impeller. This allows the unit to handle kibble of any size. Once a meal has been programmed, the unit operates on a “Running Mode.” There is an option to setup the Qpets in “Sleep Mode” to conserve battery life and stop the unit from functioning at night.
You may record your voice on how you normally call your pet to eat. The recording will be played three times each feeding schedule so that your pet knows it’s time to eat. There is an option to mute the volume.
Since the dispenser operates on 4-D batteries, there is no AC adapter included in the box.
- Easy setup and program
- Works well with any kibble size
- Reliable to function at programmed times
- Voice recorder works great
- Hopper has a good capacity for food storage
- Solid bowl and dishwasher safe
- Reasonably priced
- Only works with batteries, which are not included
- The chute cap from the feeder pops up easily
- Chute cap is too large and takes up too much bowl area
- Inaccurate food portions
- The LCD panel does not have enough lighting
- Bowl and hopper don’t attach to each other very strongly
- When hopper is low in food, the feeder gets lightweight
Tips and tricks for the Qpets AF 200 Pet food dispenser:
- Use alkaline 4-D batteries to prolong lifespan of the pet feeder
- AC adapter specifications: standard 6V – 2.1mm ID.
- Limited manufacturer warranty requires sales receipt
In final Conclusion:
Along with my observation and the general consensus of most users we have spoken to who have had experience with the Qpets AF 200 say that it is reliable enough to dispense food at a programmed time schedule. At the same time, the unit dispenses enough food without filling the hopper too much. There are some users who complain about inaccuracy for portion control which was a reoccurring issue with the unit I reviewed. In addition, some cat owners complained that their pets were able to steal food from the chute using just their paws.
In closing, the Qpets AF 200 cat feeder works best for dogs and not for ‘clever’ cats who can steal food. So if you’re looking for a sturdy and reliable electronic feeder this one is something to consider carefully for your cat and dog.
The best price for the Qpets AF 200?
GET THE BEST DEAL:::::: You can find this automatic cat feeder in most trusted pet retail outlets however the price tag is $170, however for a limited a time only you will be able to get the Qpets AF 200 feeder for only $58