TopPets PF-21B Feeder is one of the automatic pet feeders currently available in the market that may be the best option for you and your pet.
The unit comes with a wireless IR remote controlled receiving system that gives you (the owner) the ability to program the unit or manually trigger the system to release food to your pet.
The remote works up to 32-39 feet without any barriers blocking the view.
And just like the other automatic pet feeders available in the market, you can program the TopPets PF-21B pet feeder to dispense the right portion size or how often you wish to feed your pet.
You may store kibble in your pet’s PF-21B.
Thanks to its large hopper capacity of 45 cups, you won’t have to worry about it running out of kibble to release to your pet.
The kibble size accepted in the food dispenser is from 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch in diameter.
The unit even comes with a couple of blades for small and big kibble sizes.
What separates this automatic pet feeder from the others in the market is that TopPets comes with a built-in microphone where you can record an 8-second message to call your pet to eat.
When it’s time for the pet feeder to dispense food, the recorded message will play 3 times to call your pet when its time to eat.
The unit comes with 4 “D” size batteries along with an AC plug with its own DC Power adapter that may be used as an option.
Because of this, this pet food dispenser is able to work with AC power adapter and with the batteries in place, in the event of a power outage.
This way, you won’t have to worry about your pet not being fed by the unit when there is no electricity.
Switching power sources does not affect the feeding or dispensing schedule so you can be confident about that.
There is also an available AC adapter for various countries.
- Comes with wireless infrared remote control with a range of 32-39 ft
- Programmable feeding frequency
- May be programmed to dispense food 1-5 times per day
- Has an easy-to-read memory LCD screen with a clock built-in
- Comes with smart sensor that prevents bowl from being overloaded
- Allows meals to be customized from 1/4 cup to 2.5 cups per meal
- Accommodates kibble size 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch in diameter
- Has a large, transparent hopper capacity of up to 45 cups
- Has a lock on lid to avoid pets from opening the dry food container
- Removable hopper and bowl for easy cleaning
- Includes built-in microphone, low battery indicator and a speaker
- Records up to 8 seconds of voice messages
- Replays voice message up to 3 times
- Comes with AC plug with DC power adapter and option for 4-D batteries
- Triggers an alarm when feeding schedule ends
Product Dimensions and other details:
Dimensions: 16.5×9.5×14.5 inches (LxWxH)
Weight: 7 lbs
Input Rated Voltage: AC120V +- 10% 60Hz / AC240 +- 10% 50Hz
The TopPets pet feeder has been improved over its predecessor.
Ever since then, it has been equipped with a new design that has a dispensing mechanism that is different from the original unit.
At the same time, the new design features smaller minimum feeding portions, a memory that retains programming, a locking lid, and an adjustable spanner.
Unfortunately, there have been some customer reviews that shared their problems with the mechanism jamming and halting to dispense any food.
Although it happens occasionally, it also happens anytime so it’s important for the pet owner to be at home and check the unit from time to time.
The unit requires to be shaken every few days so that the food level can be maintained.