TopPets PF-21B Feeder is one of the automatic pet feeders currently available in the market that may be the best option for you and your pet.
The unit comes with a wireless IR remote controlled receiving system that gives you (the owner) the ability to program the unit or manually trigger the system to release food to your pet.
The remote works up to 32-39 feet without any barriers blocking the view.
And just like the other automatic pet feeders available in the market, you can program the TopPets PF-21B pet feeder to dispense the right portion size or how often you wish to feed your pet.
You may store kibble in your pet’s PF-21B.
Thanks to its large hopper capacity of 45 cups, you won’t have to worry about it running out of kibble to release to your pet.
The kibble size accepted in the food dispenser is from 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch in diameter.
The unit even comes with a couple of blades for small and big kibble sizes.
What separates this automatic pet feeder from the others in the market is that TopPets comes with a built-in microphone where you can record an 8-second message to call your pet to eat.
When it’s time for the pet feeder to dispense food, the recorded message will play 3 times to call your pet when its time to eat.
The unit comes with 4 “D” size batteries along with an AC plug with its own DC Power adapter that may be used as an option.
Because of this, this pet food dispenser is able to work with AC power adapter and with the batteries in place, in the event of a power outage.
This way, you won’t have to worry about your pet not being fed by the unit when there is no electricity.
Switching power sources does not affect the feeding or dispensing schedule so you can be confident about that.
There is also an available AC adapter for various countries.
- Comes with wireless infrared remote control with a range of 32-39 ft
- Programmable feeding frequency
- May be programmed to dispense food 1-5 times per day
- Has an easy-to-read memory LCD screen with a clock built-in
- Comes with smart sensor that prevents bowl from being overloaded
- Allows meals to be customized from 1/4 cup to 2.5 cups per meal
- Accommodates kibble size 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch in diameter
- Has a large, transparent hopper capacity of up to 45 cups
- Has a lock on lid to avoid pets from opening the dry food container
- Removable hopper and bowl for easy cleaning
- Includes built-in microphone, low battery indicator and a speaker
- Records up to 8 seconds of voice messages
- Replays voice message up to 3 times
- Comes with AC plug with DC power adapter and option for 4-D batteries
- Triggers an alarm when feeding schedule ends
Product Dimensions and other details:
Dimensions: 16.5×9.5×14.5 inches (LxWxH)
Weight: 7 lbs
Input Rated Voltage: AC120V +- 10% 60Hz / AC240 +- 10% 50Hz
- Adjustable feeding times and portion sizes
- Comes with voice recording system of up to 8 seconds
- Has a locking system for the hopper lid
- The hopper is removable and can be cleaned easily
- The unit has a paw-proof chute which will make it difficult for pets to get more food
- Has 2 food wheels/spinners so the feeder can accommodate the right kibble size
- Has an easy to read LCD screen with memory to retain programs
- The remote control gives the owner access to program the unit and also manually trigger feedings
- Hopper can store up to 45 cups of dry kibble
- Has a reliable digital timer
- Comes with batteries and AC adapter
- Kibble usually drops to the left side of bowl so it may not be advisable for feeding two cats
- The recording or “beep” sound cannot be silenced
- Some pets are scared of the loud beep sound that plays before the recording
- A pit is usually created in the middle of the hopper since the food close to the dispensing area gets dropped first.
- This will require some shaking on the food dispensers container to allow food to keep dispensing equally.
- Hopper needs to be emptied before batteries can be changed
- Voice recording has poor sound quality
- Does not release individual portion sizes for each meal
- Fedder occasionally gets jammed on its screw mechanism. This requires manual clearing
- There isn’t enough instructions on how to program the Top pets
- Minimum 1/4 cup dispensed is too much for a pet who eats 3 times a day
The TopPets pet feeder has been improved over its predecessor.
Ever since then, it has been equipped with a new design that has a dispensing mechanism that is different from the original unit.
At the same time, the new design features smaller minimum feeding portions, a memory that retains programming, a locking lid, and an adjustable spanner.
Unfortunately, there have been some customer reviews that shared their problems with the mechanism jamming and halting to dispense any food.
Although it happens occasionally, it also happens anytime so it’s important for the pet owner to be at home and check the unit from time to time.
The unit requires to be shaken every few days so that the food level can be maintained.
If you are on a budget then the Petmate Infinity Cat Feeder might be right for your cat | One of the better value for money Ergo Auto Pet Feeder